Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Samurai Marines. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/45367-samurai-marines.html)

Coder59 09-03-09 10:55 PM

Samurai Marines.
 
Ok so we have Viking style marines, Germanic style marines, Mongol style marines and even Roman/Greek style marines. And they all work and kick much ass.

So how come we've never seen any Samurai marines? I mean god knows I don't want to see them the concept of samurai trappings in the 41st millenium appauls me.

Has anybody else got any idea why the idea of Samurai marines just doesn't work?

Trevor Drake 09-03-09 11:19 PM

Because the Tau have the monopoly on all things japaneesey right now.

Coder59 09-03-09 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Drake (Post 471445)
Because the Tau have the monopoly on all things japaneesey right now.

:laugh: So thats why they look like pansy girly men.

Treewizard648 09-03-09 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coder59 (Post 471452)
:laugh: So thats why they look like pansy girly men.

1st: F U!

2nd: You forgot Zulu marines.

Coder59 09-04-09 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treewizard648 (Post 471464)
1st: F U!

2nd: You forgot Zulu marines.

I Reiterate. Tau are massively girly looking, must be all the anime influences. :laugh:


Actually I kinda like the idea of Zulu influanced Marines :so_happy:

Chocobuncle 09-04-09 12:43 AM

For Zulu I would think they would have more Liberians in the army

About Samurai Marines I've seen one person do it and failed hard but I would really like to see someone do it and make them look really kool dude

Coder59 09-04-09 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocobuncle (Post 471480)
For Zulu I would think they would have more Liberians in the army

About Samurai Marines I've seen one person do it and failed hard but I would really like to see someone do it and make them look really kool dude

I've seen some artwork done for them and to be honest it was horrible. It was the swords, Katanas are good (if a bit sissy) looking swords but that razor thin blade looks rubbish in a Space Marine's hands. You would have to redesign the weapon drastically to make it fit in with the 40k feel.

Another danger is making the Helmet look like Darth Vader. It's not a pretty sight.

Treewizard648 09-04-09 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coder59 (Post 471479)
I Reiterate. Tau are massively girly looking, must be all the anime influences. :laugh:


Actually I kinda like the idea of Zulu influanced Marines :so_happy:


I REITERATE that you go F yourself, Tau are awesome especially their tanks.:taunt:

Coder59 09-04-09 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treewizard648 (Post 471485)
I REITERATE that you go F yourself, Tau are awesome especially their tanks.:taunt:

Well they blow up nice :laugh: I've never met a good Tau player yet they allways bang on about the greater good and everything and how awesome their guns are. They also forget how fast other armies can be and how weak they are in CQC. Funniest battle I ever saw was Eldar Vs Tau, the tau player hadn't a clue what how to fight them and ended up huffing as the Eldar player ate him alive.

Treewizard648 09-04-09 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coder59 (Post 471494)
Well they blow up nice :laugh: I've never met a good Tau player yet they allways bang on about the greater good and everything and how awesome their guns are. They also forget how fast other armies can be and how weak they are in CQC. Funniest battle I ever saw was Eldar Vs Tau, the tau player hadn't a clue what how to fight them and ended up huffing as the Eldar player ate him alive.

Eldar are very difficult to fight for anyone, this is common.

With all the speshul goodies I gotz for my tanks and the strategies I use, they stay "constructed" relatively well throughout my games. Im the Erwin Rommel of the Tau empire!

Guns, many times I have melted SM termies with a salvo of plasma rifle and fusion blaster shots. And with their jetpacks they stay out of CC well. Hand 2 Hand combat isint everything.

Go back to my thread about steam power.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome