Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Dark Eldar Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/134-dark-eldar-army-lists/)
-   -   1500pts (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/dark-eldar-army-lists/42850-1500pts.html)

zas240 08-01-09 11:55 PM

1500pts

This is my first Dark Eldar list please give helpful comments and advice, I haven't decided on the kabal yet so i would like ideas, thanks.

Archon 147pts
agoniser
splinter pistol
reaver jetbike
plasma grenades
shadow field
haywire grenades

Reaver jetbikes 9x members with succubus 281pts
agoniser
blaster 2x
haywire

warrior squad 10x members100pts
shredder 2x

warrior squad 10x members 90pts
blaster 2x

warrior squad 10x members 100pts
splinter cannon 2x

dark lance 2x

Talos 100pts

Scourges 5x 180pts
dark lances 4x

Scourges 5x 180pts
dark lances 4

Mandrakes 7x
Decapitator 187pts

1499pts

Orochi 08-03-09 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zas240 (Post 447529)
This is my first Dark Eldar list please give helpful comments and advice, I haven't decided on the kabal yet so i would like ideas, thanks.

Archon 147pts
agoniser
splinter pistol
reaver jetbike
plasma grenades
shadow field
haywire grenades
Not really a fan of Pain reaver lords. Re work him a little. Give him: Combat drugs, Punisher, Tormentor helm, Reaver jetbike, plasma grenades, animus Vitae and a Shadow field. New cost: 172. Potential 5 str 7 power weapon hits with re-rolls to hit...at a Ws of 7.

Reaver jetbikes 9x members with succubus 281pts
agoniser
blaster 2x
haywire
Again, Its a matter of preference but i'd give the Succubus a Punisher and tormentor helm. Alongside a Combat drug dispenser, so you can choose your drug option instead of rolling.

I'd alo split this unit in 2, as 9 man squads are hard to hide behind cover. a 4 man led by the Archon (with my suggested Succubus setup) and a 5 man (with the sggested succubus). the points dropped later on will more than cover the costs.

warrior squad 10x members100pts
shredder 2x
Shredders are filth. Swap them for 2 dark lances.

warrior squad 10x members 90pts
blaster 2x
Drop a Blaster and give them a Raider.

splinter cannon 2x
Make this squad 15 man, as you should be advancing with it...so expect casualties.

dark lance 2x
This is fine.

Talos 100pts
You've no webway portal strike tactic..so drop him. This slot should be taken by a Ravager.

Scourges 5x 180pts
dark lances 4x
180 points for a essentially 5 guardsmen with heavy weapons? drop them. Take a Ravager instead. Saving you 75 points.

Scourges 5x 180pts
dark lances 4
See above.

you should never field any heavy support choice except ravagers. Probably the most (as it stands) competitive unit ingame.

Mandrakes 7x
Decapitator 187pts
ah...all these need to go...they are useless at just about everything except killing GEQ and dying in return, and holding up space marines for a turn. Decapitator is crap...i mean it. If you want t otake a character, the only one worth taking is Drazhar. but as you have no incubi, its not possible.

1499pts

Some serious re-working. DE dont do 'cover all doors' style fighting. Pick a path, be it: Dark Lance spam, reaver spam etc, and stick to it.

Don't bother with your weaknesses...as you're the fastest army out there, so attack his and keep him on the back foot.

Players always struggle to keep calm when all he can do is respond.

Lord Castellen 08-09-09 01:21 AM

i agree fully with orochi! only difference is i would mount the first warrior squad in a raider and trade out the shredder for a single dark lance, giving you some movement power and ability to capture objectives while still adding additional anti-tank

Keelia 08-10-09 02:49 PM

Fought a nasty Dark eldar army once. Was something like.....2 raider squads with lances, a witch squad, a archon with incubi and drazar, a foot warriro squad with dark lances, warp beasts with witch and a squad of scourges. Was a nasty army to fight because basicly turn 2 he was in close combat with you. raider squads screened his witches and HQ raider. This was back in 3rd edition though. So dont think you can do it anymore because back then u couldnt pop a trnasport then shoot the troops that poped out because all shooting is Simo

Creon 08-10-09 03:15 PM

I agree, without a Webway, Talos are a bad choice. Raiders are needed. Scourges are a bad bad choice, Ravagers much better. I would choose Archon/Incubi/raiders, but the Raiderchon will work, too. Might want to work a squad of wyches with raider in there, if you can.