Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/20-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Culler of Men (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/new-member-introductions/4279-culler-men.html)

Culler 12-27-07 06:10 PM

Culler of Men

Hey all. I've been away from the wargaming world while I've been at college for various reasons, but now that I've graduated I hope to get back into the hobby between now and grad school in the fall (psychology).

I started with imperial guard and later eldar back in high school. I flirted with dark eldar briefly as well. I didn't really like the guard as it forced me to let my opponent take the initiative while I desperately tried to kill them before they got close. I've learned a lot snce then, bt my army is sold regardless. Eldar I liked a little better, but I made a psyker-heavy army out of the Ulthwe craftworld rules and that got shot to hell, as you are all well aware. Eldar are a little fragile anyhow. Dark eldar were just kind of a disaster for me. Fun times with lucky shadowfield rolls though (took 8 turns of half my opponent's army focusing on him to pop the shadowfield).

My goal now is to start collecting and playing a new army, though I may start up my eldar again on the side. This time, I've narrowed it down to Tyranids and Chaos, and of all the various armies that I've constructed on paper with their codexes, I like the nids' playstyle a little better (though Raptors with an icon of Khorne and a sorcerer with lash of submission are pretty sexy. The deep strike rules for landing next to icons for chaos are also highly appealing). Chaos is something that I will wait to get into until I've gotten better at painting.

Before I start collecting and painting and modeling, I need to get some scratch, and I'd like to try out the lists in action. It's mention of an online 40k client that actually brought me here.

Oh, and my username is my last name.

Hespithe 12-27-07 06:17 PM

Welcome to Heresy Online, Culler!

Yeah, Tyranids are a great army and should be a ton of fun for you. The program you mention is called Vassal, and links to the program download can be found on the Vassal Sub-forum...

Glad to have you aboard, and if you like, you're more than welcome to join our friendly littel chat group, now in progress...

Cheers!

PAw 12-27-07 06:42 PM

Welcome to Heresy online!
Well There is no more Craft world Ulthwe lists but its great to have you here.
*tries to Sell Culler the idea of a Ork Army*
have fun :biggrin:

Culler 12-27-07 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAw (Post 49425)
Welcome to Heresy online!
Well There is no more Craft world Ulthwe lists but its great to have you here.
*tries to Sell Culler the idea of a Ork Army*
have fun :biggrin:

I actually strongly considered the Orks. They seem like a lot of fun and I may do a speed freeks list once I've got the nids rolling. In the short term, I didn't want 2 horde armies, which is the only way I'd want to do either force.

Anyhoo, thanks for the welcome.

wolf. 12-28-07 12:17 AM

welcome to heresy online!
have fun and enjoy the boards~

RPD_Tyrant 12-28-07 01:35 AM

ORKS :angry::ireful2::threaten:

:laugh: Jking I love Nids :victory:.

Oh and welcome :victory: