Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Chaos Daemon Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/152-chaos-daemon-army-lists/)
-   -   1k mixed daemon list... (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/chaos-daemon-army-lists/37717-1k-mixed-daemon-list.html)

Meatplow 05-28-09 12:50 PM

1k mixed daemon list...

1000 point games are the standard 'round these parts. The Tourneys are based on that # and it's a good level for new folks to hop right into the game and get a force rolling quickly. That said, 75% of my opponents are SM/CSM, with a few Tau, Tyranid, and Necron players making up the rest. Here's the list:

HQ...Herald of Tzeentch riding a chariot with We Are Legion, Master of Sorcery, & Bolt of Tzeentch...110 points.

Elite...3x Bloodcrushers of Khorne...120 points.

Troops...10x Plaguebearers of Nurgle with Chaos Icon & Instrument of Chaos...180 points.

Troops...10x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch...170 points.

Heavy Support...Daemon Prince with Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, Mark of Slaanesh, & Aura of Acquiescence...205 points.

Heavy Support...Daemon Prince with Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle, Cloud of Flies, & Noxious Touch...215 points.

I realise it's some of the units are short of upgrades (Chaos Icons, etc...) but teaching both of the DP's to fly really hits the bottom line!

What say you? :biggrin:

Dallas_Drake 05-28-09 09:24 PM

Hey Meatplow,

I'm not a massive fan of Slaanesh DPs. Khorne kill better, Nurgle survive & kill better, Tzeentch shoot better. I just don't see a niche for them.

Otherwise I like what you have going on here. A nice balance of units & abilities. I personally start with a Greater Daemon but you have two DPs so I don't think you'll have a problem... That said I would much rather go with a second Nurgle DP, they are expensive but take a good kicking & do get the job done :)

1000 points is very tough, if it was my list I'd drop the Slaanesh DP & HOT & just add a Greater Daemon and another Bloodcrusher with Icon.

Good luck!
Dallas

Meatplow 05-29-09 12:23 AM

Thanks for the input, Dallas. BTW...what DP would you suggest?

terminatormonkey 05-29-09 01:29 AM

i think he said nurgle,

although for anti marines bloodletters work really well

Dallas_Drake 05-29-09 04:32 PM

No worries.

I run a Nurgle DP just like yours - Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle, Cloud of Flies, & Noxious Touch. It's not cheap but it is very versatile. I only actually run 1 Heavy support in 1000-1750 points games, I like to take 2 Greater Daemons & stock up on troops & elites.

So, maybe think about a Greater Daemon too instead?

& yes, terminatormonkey is spot on - Bloodletters are born anti MEQs; however, I suggest you only take them if you think you can get them into HtH against your opponent, I personally never seem to get them there enough against the SM armies I play (and I play a lot of IG and Tyranid) but that might be my problem. I just think Bloodcrushers are so much better, so I leave troops slots to Plaguebearers and Horrors.

Dallas

Meatplow 05-29-09 04:48 PM

Sad thing is, the only surefire star in the games I've played so far is my HoT on his chariot. Great conversion (I'll toss pics up after he's painted next week!) and he's been rock-solid zapping SM/CSM's and their light/medium vehicles cand walkers. Hate to discard him...:(

morfangdakka 05-30-09 05:15 PM

Another option for the low points might be to drop the Slaanesh prince and get a second HOT on a chariot and then use the extra points for either another elite selection or small troop selection. Like 3 flamers or another small horrors squad.

Dallas_Drake 06-02-09 08:25 PM

Well if you have an awesome conversion then use that dude, I say the first rule is cool! Being outright competitive is secondary :)