Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Picking An Army (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/37122-picking-army.html)

Bmwrocks2 10-20-09 08:00 AM

If you like painting then maybe Eldar? They have a good range of models (though alot of them are metal) and there is alot of fluff about them.

Varakir 10-21-09 01:52 AM

I think i'd have great fun painting some eldar up, they look like a good challenge.

My main worries about eldar though is there doesn't seem to be much conversion potential, and the consensus seems to be that they are one of the tougher armies to play.

Wolf Guard 11-05-09 06:24 PM

where are space wolves, even though they're a sm chapter, they are now officially independant, well that what some fat bloke sitting at a desk in gw hq says.

Bane_of_Kings 11-11-09 05:16 PM

I've studied the rundown and narrowed it down to a few choices on which army I want to pick, can anybody help me out?

As of now I'm stuck between:

-Tau
-Imperial Guard
-Daemonhunters

MetalHandkerchief 11-11-09 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings (Post 513451)
I've studied the rundown and narrowed it down to a few choices on which army I want to pick, can anybody help me out?

As of now I'm stuck between:

-Tau
-Imperial Guard
-Daemonhunters

Tau will be the cheapest. Imperial Guard will take the most time to paint up. Daemonhunters will kill your back carrying all those metal minis :P

Just make a list of pro's and cons to each and let numbers light your way :ok:

Ryzearn 11-11-09 07:28 PM

Im a nid player and it does take some learning to be good with them i havent won a game yet but i like the painting part more than playin i think the reason i chose them was background and the models look sweet

Bane_of_Kings 11-13-09 06:34 AM

Any other thoughts? I might do Necrons, but I am leaning more towards Tau.

Nipolian 11-16-09 03:54 AM

Im thinking about ether the
Demonhunters
Tau
Chaos SM

Dont know wich like a hard hitting army

bakoren 11-20-09 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryzearn (Post 513502)
Im a nid player and it does take some learning to be good with them i havent won a game yet but i like the painting part more than playin i think the reason i chose them was background and the models look sweet

AGREED!!!!!!

I was a real threat when me and my friends started because no one went after my GS and Blord Squad. But after about the third game where they ate all of the MAHREENS, they all got the newest biomorph.

The Agro Hat.

So Now then I had to learn how to actually play. Getting certain advantages (Barbed Strangler, Dakka Tyrant) so Now I'm usually the main threat.

SMman3211 11-29-09 02:05 AM

so whats the news on that new DE codex