Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Chaos Daemon Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/152-chaos-daemon-army-lists/)
-   -   Fist attempt at Tzeentch (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/chaos-daemon-army-lists/37108-fist-attempt-tzeentch.html)

zas240 05-19-09 08:20 PM

Fist attempt at Tzeentch

This is my first daemons list and I've gone for all Tzeentch units. Any way here it is:
Fateweaver. 333

The Blue Scribes. 130

Herald of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery. 130

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (18), Bolt of Tzeentch, The Changeling. 321

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (18), Bolt of Tzeentch. 316

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (5), Bolt of Tzeentch. 95

Flamers of Tzeentch (5). 175

Total: 1,500

Meatplow 05-19-09 10:45 PM

Lotsa shooty...but what are you gonna bash heads with?

Dallas_Drake 05-23-09 01:07 PM

OK...

Firstly 18 Horrors is overkill, I find that anything over 12 is a bit of a waste.

10 Horrors = 30 Warpfire shots, this is enough to dent/wipe out any regular sized GEQ unit.
I'd take 3 units of 10-12

Fatweaver is cool but you need to add some Daemon Princes, you can use them to protect Fateweaver & benefit from his reroll. Give them all the shooty options & hang back, if you get charged then you're still Daemon Princes so you can fight well, importantly you keep Fateweaver out of HtH.

I don't quite see what your Herald is doing? IMO he needs a Chariot.

Blue scribes are OK but I'm worried that you have NO Heavy Support?! I think I'd drop these in favour of adding at least 1 Daemon Prince!
The Flamers work best in units of 3 so either drop 2 or get an extra one for 2 units.

Good luck!

Dragon2439 06-11-09 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zas240 (Post 389804)
This is my first daemons list and I've gone for all Tzeentch units. Any way here it is:
Fateweaver. 333

The Blue Scribes. 130

Herald of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery. 130

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (18), Bolt of Tzeentch, The Changeling. 321

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (18), Bolt of Tzeentch. 316

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (5), Bolt of Tzeentch. 95

Flamers of Tzeentch (5). 175

Total: 1,500

Your point cost for the Herald is off by 15 points, so Ill assume you put a chariot on him and just forgot to post it. Heralds of Tzeentch are amazing (and cheap) HQs well worth their points.

The poster above gave some very good advice;

-Flamers are best in groups of 3. They make very good suicide bombers with auto wounding and glancing on a 4+, but they also have warpfire if you want to be more conservative with their use.

-Horrors work best in groups of 8-12. Anymore tends to be overkill and less then 8 will just disappear.

-And as for heavy support? You need some. Soul Grinders are amazing with the Phlegm upgrade, and Daemon Princes can be customized any way you need. Taking one heavy support is never a great idea as its easy to be focus fired, but two or three means they either have to split their fire or burn one and still deal with 1-2. (Soul Grinders are amazing machines, immune to 2/3 of Glancing hits and 1/3 of Pen hits.)

A note on Tzeentch Daemon Princes; Master of Sorcery tends to be a waste on them, since as a monstrous creature they already get two attacks and only have two shooty attacks; Daemonic Gaze and Bolt of Tzeentch.

Gavalon the Great 06-17-09 11:11 AM

The basic suggestions for more smaller units is highly appropriate, but I do want to commend you for having the guts to run an army based around "lesser" daemons (inc the wonderful Scribes) & for obviously attempting to get as many units as possible in unit sizes which are divisible by the Blessed 9.

But go more smaller units so that you have more bolts in your armoury. It's tweaking time ... ... ...

morfangdakka 06-17-09 03:52 PM

I am also going to say smaller units on your horrors would be beneficial to you.
If you want to keep you loarge units of horros though the small one will be of little use so I would drop it and change it for some screamers this will give you a small fast unit to tie up a nasty unit for a turn or take out an annoying unit like scouts.

I'm not sure your Herald neeeds both breath and bolt, I think I would choose one or the other. You do have fateweaver and the blue scribes with both already. A chariot would be good.

I would also get some heavies in the list. Some DP's or a soul grinder something to take the focus off of fateweaver and the scribes.

Anyway best of luck.