Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/13-forum-announcements/)
-   -   Heresy Subscriptions (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/forum-announcements/3575-heresy-subscriptions.html)

Ezekial Lightning 12-01-07 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Shrike (Post 42771)
yeah, I could help in a lot of those ways! I have photoshop, and I'm a decent programmer in C++ ( not sure about PHP, unfortunately) but yeah great ideas Vero!!!! 3 cheers for vero! :P

edit: I have also "discreetly" put a link to HO in several places on the BnC, including my sig. :) does that count for anything?

Well, i could try 2 get photoshop 2...

Jezlad 12-01-07 02:55 PM

Remember guys, subscribing is an option, you don't have to sign up, and you aren't missing out on any of the features you had before if you can't or dont want to.

The costs involved in running a site like this do mount up. At some point a dedicated server will be needed. Plus all the additional feature we've been adding do cost money. People don't write these scripts for free. We have one large addon that cost over $100 and many more for slightly less.

We're not forcing anyone to pay or blocking anything that you had before, we're just giving people who use the site and enjoy all the benefits of the time, effort and money that's put into it the option say thanks and help out by subscribing.

To continue to improve the site we need to upgrade the server. Our script query limit is almost reaching critical.

We're grateful for all your continued ideas and suggestions. Without them the site wouldn't advance. However, the google adsense and advertising are a small price to pay for the long term plans and future of the site. Visiting adsense links generates income for the site and helps ensure its longevity and gives the admin team the ability to purchase and install the countless features that set us apart from the rest.

Anyone that wishes to assist the site by means other than donating can join our Recon Team.

Jez

Brother Shrike 12-02-07 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezlad (Post 43315)
Remember guys, subscribing is an option, you don't have to sign up, and you aren't missing out on any of the features you had before if you can't or dont want to.

The costs involved in running a site like this do mount up. At some point a dedicated server will be needed. Plus all the additional feature we've been adding do cost money. People don't write these scripts for free. We have one large addon that cost over $100 and many more for slightly less.

We're not forcing anyone to pay or blocking anything that you had before, we're just giving people who use the site and enjoy all the benefits of the time, effort and money that's put into it the option say thanks and help out by subscribing.

To continue to improve the site we need to upgrade the server. Our script query limit is almost reaching critical.

We're grateful for all your continued ideas and suggestions. Without them the site wouldn't advance. However, the google adsense and advertising are a small price to pay for the long term plans and future of the site. Visiting adsense links generates income for the site and helps ensure its longevity and gives the admin team the ability to purchase and install the countless features that set us apart from the rest.

Anyone that wishes to assist the site by means other than donating can join our Recon Team.

Jez

wait, the site gets money only when we click on the links?

so to give the site lots of money, we can click on the links a whole bunch of times and then close all the new tabs? *evil grin* <insert suitably evil laugh>

Jezlad 12-02-07 11:21 AM

Errrr, the account will be blocked if people over spam the links... so don't! :)

FrozenOrb 12-15-07 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vero (Post 42336)
Suggestion.

For a paid subscribors, all advertisements should be removed. So regular users and guests see them, but paid subscribors do not.

That's one of the nicest ways to say thanks to your premium members, it is also is a motivtor to get more subscriptions

With Firefox and the Adblock extension blocking site's ads is simple. That said I wish long and smooth sailing to this site.

Alexander_67 01-18-08 05:28 PM

Hmm trying to subscribe (promised i'd do it after 100 posts) But paypal is screwing me around. I seems to think i've already registered my card when i havent? This is a new card. I'll keep trying but i'm getting pissed off.

Alexander_67 01-19-08 03:10 PM

24 hours and one giant hair-pullling-out session later and i've finally got the payment through! Yay me. Screw paypal!

jigplums 01-21-08 07:51 PM

welcome to the subscribers club :) good to see people giving back, so we can continue to grow the community

Pandawithissues... 01-21-08 10:24 PM

Another soldier in the fight against communism!

cccp 01-22-08 06:23 AM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

lol