Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   The cost of using Snikrot (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/34668-cost-using-snikrot.html)

Culler 04-20-09 10:33 PM

The cost of using Snikrot

How much does Snikrot cost to field in a unit of Kommandos? Is he an upgrade character like a Nob (who costs what a kommando costs +10 and so Snikrot would cost 95 points) or is he added to the squad (so he only costs 85 points.) Either way I assume the squad size is capped at 15 (so you wouldn't have 15 kommandos + Snikrot, it would be 14 kommandos + Snikrot instead).

My gut tells me he only costs 85 points since it doesn't say +85 points like it says +10 points for the Nob, but I'd like to hear some other opinions.

Lord_Murdock 04-20-09 11:08 PM

Snikrot is used instead of taking a nob, so he'd be worth 85 points. No model is upgraded to a nob, so you don't need to spend the extra 10 points.

duckfromhelll 04-20-09 11:42 PM

And he is WELL worth it. Just make sure to take 2 burnas with the squad so you have some power weapons when you need em

Sebi 04-21-09 09:15 AM

you pay the price for a Kommando and upgrade him to Snikrot... that is how I read it
so you pay 10+his costs...... or am I wrong
by the way the same question for Zaggstruk and Badrukk....

edit:
Well I am sure... cause it say 10 points per model and you pay additionall 85 for snikki

englanda 04-21-09 09:24 AM

Where are you reading this stuff? Certainly not the same codex I'm reading. Mine says:

"Instead of a nob, one mob may be led by:
-Boss Snikrot................ XXpts"

Meaning you can take your kommando squad and have them led by Snikrot instead of upgrading a kommando to a nob, you pay XX points to take Snikrot. I presume that means you can take 14 kommandos + Snikrot to make the max squad size, although it could be argued you could take 15 + Snikrot since he isn't a "kommando" per se. However he is still and upgrade character so I would think the squad size would still apply.

*edit* Not that army builder is scripture, but army builder lets you take 15 kommandos AND Snikrot.

Sebi 04-21-09 11:29 AM

ok... I am reading in my Kodex (German and English one) that the max mob size ist 15 models...
and each model costs basic costs 10pts but you can have the mob lead by Snikrot instead of a Nob (meaning you cannot have both) für 85pts (additionally costs as you still will have to pay the basic costs of 10 points)

so snikrot is an upgrade! not a single model imho...same for Badrukk and Zaggstruk

Son of mortarion 04-21-09 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englanda (Post 367229)
Where are you reading this stuff? Certainly not the same codex I'm reading. Mine says:

"Instead of a nob, one mob may be led by:
-Boss Snikrot................ XXpts"

Meaning you can take your kommando squad and have them led by Snikrot instead of upgrading a kommando to a nob, you pay XX points to take Snikrot. I presume that means you can take 14 kommandos + Snikrot to make the max squad size, although it could be argued you could take 15 + Snikrot since he isn't a "kommando" per se. However he is still and upgrade character so I would think the squad size would still apply.

*edit* Not that army builder is scripture, but army builder lets you take 15 kommandos AND Snikrot.

The reason I don't use army builder is that it has ignored codices in the past, and has allowed some insane builds while not allowing normal builds straight out of the codex. It is more of a guide than a reliable tool.

Sebi 04-21-09 03:33 PM

never trust anything except your own brains..... ;)

DeathKlokk 04-21-09 05:46 PM

OK I have not looked at this one for a bit and now have read the Ork book...here's what I see.

All the units that pay the points for the basic troop to be upgraded to a Nob or something say "one Boy may be upgraded to a Nob" whereas all of the unique characters say "instead of a Nob the mob may be led by". This tells me that you do not pay for a regular Kommado/Flash Git/Storm Boy and "upgrade them" you meerly have a squad "led by" these individuals at the additional cost specified.

englanda 04-21-09 08:30 PM

Like I said, army builder aint scripture.

Deathklokk got it. Still, the question remains, 15 and Snikrot? Or 14 and Snikrot?