Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Eldar Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/135-eldar-army-lists/)
-   -   Eldar 500 Pts. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/eldar-army-lists/33246-eldar-500-pts.html)

Might of the Emperor 04-05-09 11:16 PM

Eldar 500 Pts.

HQ
Autarch
-jetbike
-power weapon
-fusion gun
120 points

Troops
-4 guardian jet bikes
-1 Shuriken cannon
98 points

-10 dire avengers
-exarch with 2 Avenger catapults
137 points

Dedicated Transport
-wave serpent
-twin linked bright lance
-spirit stones
145 points

Total: 500 points on the dot
What does everyone think?

bermanj 04-06-09 12:08 AM

only criticism is the lance on the serpent. Make it a missile. idk how many landraiders you will see in 500 pts, but if it has armor 14 and is not a land raider, you can move to the side armor, and rockets has anti troop potential as well as antitank. With the extra pts you can a)upgrade the autarch to have a laser lance, not a powersword, which is a must, as well as replacing the fusion gun with mandiblasters as s 6 to the rear armor will take care of most vehicles you see in 500 pts and b) upgrade your 4th jetbike to a warlock with embolden and a singing spear so that your squad will not just run off after losing 1 member.

Might of the Emperor 04-06-09 01:05 AM

Missile launchers are a good suggestion, but as far the laser lance, I asked about that in tactics and the general consensus was that the laser lance was not worth it. See, the fusion gun will easily take out armor much easier so I dont have to worry as much about the facing of a vehicle, and the power sword is so he can hold his own in combat, as the laser lance is a power weapon only in the first round.

Kyban 04-06-09 03:53 AM

Bladestorm is a good investment if you have extra points.

Might of the Emperor 04-06-09 04:43 AM

Yeah, I really wanted it, but it was 500 on the dot. Any suggestions to go up to 750?

Lucus009 04-06-09 07:56 PM

add a farseer maybe, and guardians to sit on a home objective for the extra 250 points.

The first list looks like it should work

Might of the Emperor 04-06-09 09:21 PM

Ok, thanks for the advice. I was thinking maybe another serpent with DAs ? The main strength of this list is clearly the mobility.

bermanj 04-08-09 01:20 AM

The real reason for the laser lance is the s 6, as s 3 will not do much to marines, even with a power weapon (maybe kill 2 on the charge) whereas s 6 will probably kill more like 4. So even though you dont have the 2nd turn powerweapon, you will probably make them run away first turn. However, I recommend taking the farseer to go with the avengers, just with doom. That way you can afford bladestorm.

Styro-J 04-08-09 04:47 PM

I would say sure to the laser lance in there also, it would really help take out those evil MC's or IC's that creep into these low point games. However, I don't really think he'd live to do it. At start you have 6 models on the board, probably grouping the autrarch with the jetbikes for the extra wounds. That is enough potential fire coming his way if he did split off to attack that it wouldn't be good. I'd try to find the points for a reaper launcher (i just know i am going to catch flak for saying that). A RL will let you stay back with your jetbikes and soften the units that the DA will be attacking. The serpent can handle the antitank most likely or at least draw off enough fire. Besides the Autrarch still has haywire grenades just in case. You have the DA set up for up close stormy goodness, but without storm or doom you aren't going to kill many marines. If you could find a way to squeeze in blade storm it would probably pay off. Heck I would even consider dropping a couple models out of the unit.

Strat is simple. Go up with all and shoot, jetbikes-autrarch at troops and waveserpent at armor/MC. enemy moves closer, could be in range of serpent and bikes so expect a hand full of shots, not many though. Serpent moves up and drop DA next to him, no blocking LoS. All shoot same troop except the armor hunting serpent, bladestorming. Hopefully that is at least one troop down. Turn 3 DA reboard serpent, Jetbikes start picking on other troop. Serpent repeats, or helps (if alive). With any luck turn 4 will look like turn 2, save a couple stragglers and you can pick on the hq. Just remember to have your jetbikes get to home objective on turn 5. DA in a serpent can hold another if more than 2. Enemy low on troops will have to struggle. That is taking the extreme optimist route.

Good luck!