Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Warhammer Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/38-warhammer-fluff/)
-   -   The Almanac of Ye Olde Heresy Online (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/warhammer-fluff/30408-almanac-ye-olde-heresy-online.html)

Vaz 03-08-09 04:41 PM

The Almanac of Ye Olde Heresy Online

The Almanac of Ye Olde Heresy Online
Or a Guide to the Old World, as compiled by Vaz the Great

Hiya guys, this is just a little thing that after having a chat with squeek, is something that could really kick off some of the Fantasy Sections.

Having read through Lexicanum, and the Fantasy side, I've realised just how little work has gone into that, compared to the 40K Side.

Now, I suppose it might be better for me to put some work into a 40K one, as that's obviously far more popular.

However, one thing that I don't like about it, is the fact that there is so much Grey Area, so it's hard to put down a Factual background to the world, without treading into the grey area which is could it/couldn't it, with the two sides to every story. Or more. (Dark Angels, grrrr...)

Along with Bolter and Chainswords in depth 40K (well, Space Marine) Encyclopedia, and DakkaDakka attempting to make one, along with numerous others, but most are 40K based.

So squeek and I have had a chat, and decided that we should make our own. It needed a Fantasy name - Encyclopedia is far too modern, so Almanac should do.

After deciding on the basics, this is where it comes into your role of this Almanac. We are looking for articles that are TRUTHFUL, with sources, and based off Canon. This means that Black Library books are okay, but Fanfiction is not.

The most obvious ones we are looking for is background on the current races, and each and every thing in it.

If any of you are fans of a book, or series, would you want to read through, make notes of the characters, their actions, their movements, affiliations, associations, and history?

Timelines - I know that almost every single Army has a timeline in. How about Collating all that information into a Timeline for everything?

Campaigns? The Storm of Chaos, and Albion were famous for their assaults from the Forces of Chaos and the hurried defence and alliance of the Forces of Light.

Minor and Little Mentioned characters - this is intended to be a bit of a Resource for Fantasy Story writers and for just general background information. If you find a named character who plays a small part in a novel, or is mentioned in the background, please mention them. Most places you can find them (other than novels) are from the Magic Item descriptions.

Bear in mind that this is only Background, not tactical/game based. If you have an idea for a tactica, maybe you could trysubmitting it to Djinn, with his 'The Heretic'.

Cheers, Vaz (the Great)

Current Articles
  • The Great Timeline - Vaz [Thread]
  • Kislevite Language - Vaz [Thread]
  • Elven Language - Vaz [Thread]
  • The Ambassador/Ursuns Teeth Series of Articles - Vaz
  • Dwarven Language - Dafistofmork [Thread]

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Fallen 03-08-09 05:04 PM

nice idea, ill rummage through some olde army books, and BRB and see what i can find

Dînadan 03-08-09 05:26 PM

Sounds like an ambitious project, good luck with it. I just feel sorry for the poor sod who has to trawl through Liber Chaotica :P

I'm currently re-reading the Konrad Saga, would it help if I did something on that?

Vaz 03-08-09 05:28 PM

For both that would be grand ;)

Haha, I do have Liber Chaotica, Necris, and the Loathsome Skaven and All their Vile Kin. I'm a geek, what can I say? :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Talos 03-08-09 06:13 PM

I have all the Army books and the old Realms of Chaos so I can help with some stuff. I also have Liber Chaotica, Necris and the Life of Sigmar. Also the old siege book has some good fluff about the races.

Dafistofmork 03-09-09 10:34 AM

Hey, i can put up the dwarf language, as seen in the last army book for you-essentialy gives you the baisc grammer rules and some base words to play around with. anyone up for some Kazilid?(i probaly misspelt that, so what, you want to take it out side? Unleash the giant green fist of fury!)

Vaz 03-09-09 11:55 PM

Talos, that would be fantastic ;)

Dafist, I've just put a thread up for now, so if you want to post something, you now can ;).

If you want to do an article/collate some info, don't hesitate to create thread. Just make sure that it has [Almanac] in somewhere ;) Ta.

Dafistofmork 03-11-09 09:29 PM

great, im a little buisy right now, and over the weekend (visiting relatives and the like), so the first instalment will probaly get put up on monday. thanks Vaz (the not so great :P).

Dafistofmork 03-12-09 11:48 AM

sorry, i lied. i am free to go this morning.

you are not going to belive this-just spent 1 hour writing up the introduction to Khazalid, went to google to do a little spellcheeck, and the internet crashses. and now i have to start all other again. i feel ike crying.
right, so now that i am sane again, this little set back is going to mean that it may ne a while(possibly monday/tuseday) before i can put up the first post. sorry.

Red Orc 03-12-09 12:13 PM

Can we incorporate some of the info from earlier versions that has now been bypassed in some way? As you know, some of that stuff is dear to my heart - Grom the Paunch being killed in an assault on the Dwarf City of Middenheim, the Lizardmen attacking the Dwarfs of Karaz-A-Karak - or 'Caraz-A-Carak' as it was called then, that sort of stuff...

"Otto Kleinhund's Apocrypha to the Almanac of the Brotherhood of Speculative Antiquaries" or something... please...