Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Daemon prince Thorgroth AKA The Albino Prince (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/29256-daemon-prince-thorgroth-aka-albino-prince.html)

Riandro 02-22-09 09:08 PM

Daemon prince Thorgroth AKA The Albino Prince
 

Sieg 02-22-09 09:43 PM

wow. is that all scratch built or is it a kit?

the painting is also very impressive in its own right. the shading and blending is all very well done

Ebsolom Dhaark 02-22-09 10:33 PM

Great work on the paintjob. My only criticism would be to add highlights to the metallic areas as it looks a bit orangey (maybe its the photos). Apart from that it's an excellent looking model, care to tell us what manufacturer it's from?

+Rep

Master Kashnizel 02-22-09 11:41 PM

they are a small company from canada cant remember their name tho

enieffac 02-22-09 11:56 PM

Pretty awesome paint job. I'd recommend painting the eyes pink tho, because that is the most striking characteristic of any albino creature (including humans). Something about a complete lack of pigment in the iris making the blood vessels more visible. Of course if your demon happens to have green blood....

bl0203 02-23-09 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg (Post 311526)
wow. is that all scratch built or is it a kit?

the painting is also very impressive in its own right. the shading and blending is all very well done

The Company is called Ultra Forge, I've never used them but their scuplts look really nice and the price isn't bad either. :victory:

Riandro 02-23-09 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebsolom Dhaark (Post 311558)
My only criticism would be to add highlights to the metallic areas as it looks a bit orangey (maybe its the photos).

Yes, its the photo's they are a little more gold coloured and high quite a few blended highlights.... just that you cant see them :laugh:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebsolom Dhaark (Post 311558)
Apart from that it's an excellent looking model, care to tell us what manufacturer it's from?

Thanks ;)
Its an Ultraforge Greater Wardaemon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg (Post 311526)
wow. is that all scratch built or is it a kit?

the painting is also very impressive in its own right. the shading and blending is all very well done

Thanks very much! the only thing i have to get better at though, it taking photo's that dont distort the colour :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by enieffac (Post 311618)
Pretty awesome paint job. I'd recommend painting the eyes pink tho, because that is the most striking characteristic of any albino creature (including humans). Something about a complete lack of pigment in the iris making the blood vessels more visible. Of course if your demon happens to have green blood....

Yeah he has green blood, there-fore, green eyes :) The albino thing is a joke really, The name was given to him by a few freinds of mine :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl0203 (Post 311855)
The Company is called Ultra Forge, I've never used them but their scuplts look really nice and the price isn't bad either. :victory:

the prices are exelent as the models are almost as perfect as Forgewolds,
the only faults i found with it, was that the horns had some major flash on it, and that it doesnt fit uponits base quite as well, im suspecting thats just a warp that happend in the Tan resin. nothing that serious.


Thanks for all the nice words people! :victory:

Lord of Rebirth 02-23-09 04:00 PM

I love it. Very Khorne while not quite being the same old red red redddd.

cheesy 02-27-09 09:23 AM

it looks very evil, my kind of daemon prince

Death Shroud 02-27-09 11:24 AM

A great paint job. I love Ultraforge's models, did you order it from their site? I was thinking of ordering either their Slaanesh or Nurgle style models at some point.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:33 AM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome