Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/20-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Help starting a Death guard army (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/new-member-introductions/28804-help-starting-death-guard-army.html)

the1pand 02-18-09 12:30 AM

Help starting a Death guard army

Hey all, I don't know if this is the right place to put this up but after a while of playing as the wolves I'm bored really with there clean and feral looks so I have decided to take up as a playing a CSM army. And after much thought of it I decided to go for the Nurgle following Death Guards they seem to be exactly what I'm looking for paint wise and looks like they leave a lot room for converting only I have no idea how to play them or what models to include in my army. I know already that I want a deamon prince and a lot of plauge marines but I have no idea idea what else to include so any suggestions would be great and thank you a head of time.

Suntalon 02-18-09 02:06 AM

deathgurad, i hate them. Welcome anyway.

gwmaniac 02-18-09 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntalon (Post 307181)
deathgurad, i hate them. Welcome anyway.

Aww, c'mon man, be a little bit more welcoming. Sorry pand, but you should post this in the 40k section, this place is more for welcoming new members. Of course, you're a new member, but you've already had an intro, so you'd get a lot more feedback if this is in the 40k section.

But to help you a bit, here's my 2 cents. I would get a defiler and a vindicator as vehicles, and maybe a land raider, all for fire support. A dread may be nice, but the defiler may be a better choice. If, however, you are getting dreads, get the FW one, the GW one looks terrible. At FW, you can choose which dread you want, Khorne, Iron Warriors, Death Guard, etc. And if you've got money, you can even buy the conversion packs FW sells. Here's the link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...CESSORIES.html

Good luck on your Death Guard!

Suntalon 02-18-09 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwmaniac (Post 307206)
Aww, c'mon man, be a little bit more welcoming. Sorry pand, but you should post this in the 40k section, this place is more for welcoming new members. Of course, you're a new member, but you've already had an intro, so you'd get a lot more feedback if this is in the 40k section.

But to help you a bit, here's my 2 cents. I would get a defiler and a vindicator as vehicles, and maybe a land raider, all for fire support. A dread may be nice, but the defiler may be a better choice. If, however, you are getting dreads, get the FW one, the GW one looks terrible. At FW, you can choose which dread you want, Khorne, Iron Warriors, Death Guard, etc. And if you've got money, you can even buy the conversion packs FW sells. Here's the link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...CESSORIES.html

Good luck on your Death Guard!

sorry if my englsih was not correct. i meant no offence.

welcome pand

the1pand 02-18-09 04:02 AM

thanks for the advice. And i agree the gw dred does suck.

Rabbit 02-18-09 05:00 AM

Welcome :). Good to see people using the net to explore their nerdy habits- a fine thing to be sure.

ironnurgle 03-06-09 10:10 AM

death Guard help

hi you can do what i have done and use the normal marines as a base then add chaos bits to them you will need some Terminators with the mark of nurgle trust me put them on an objective the enimy will not kill them easly :victory:

plague-tastic icecream 03-08-09 11:05 PM

Plague marines are a must. Really hard to kill and fit the fluff. If your into fluff, Typhus works well, along with a demon prince of nurgle. I personally use vindicators but just be careful as people know that they pose a threat and want to get rid of them quickly.

Shawn

ironnurgle 03-09-09 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plague-tastic icecream (Post 324275)
Plague marines are a must. Really hard to kill and fit the fluff. If your into fluff, Typhus works well, along with a demon prince of nurgle. I personally use vindicators but just be careful as people know that they pose a threat and want to get rid of them quickly.

Shawn

but that is costly add some plaguebearers and a great unclean one trust me no one will be able to shift a great unclean one easly :laugh::laugh:

plague-tastic icecream 03-10-09 04:16 AM

Thats true, there costly but worth it in my opinion. I have had great success with them. People get really frustrated when they fire 10 rapid fire bolters at them and kill one. But to each is own.

I would also like to say something about Typhus. People have been saying that he got worse in the new codex, but Ive had nothing but success with him. With a squad of 5 termis, hes a real threat, wether it be destryoing 2 squads of fire warriors or taking our carnifexes. Give him a thought when putting together your army.