Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Project Logs (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/35-project-logs/)
-   -   A Slackers Log: Redux (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/project-logs/221207-slackers-log-redux.html)

Grokfog 02-15-19 12:26 PM

A Slackers Log: Redux

So, since my last Plog is buried somewhere a few pages back and I'm too lazy to go find it, I'll start a new one!

A lot has changed since my last update, I've moved cities, got a job at an FLGS, and started (and failed to complete) a couple of armies!

Currently my focus is on my Eldar (Iyanden) which are actually quite close to what I might consider complete (anywhere between 60 and 95% painted, depending on the model).

I've also been working on Custodes, and some Aleph for Infinity.

Starting from the next post, I'll put up some photos :-)

Grokfog 02-15-19 12:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Please excuse the poor photography, but here's a shot of the whole Iyanden force, a Work in Progress of the converted Spiritseer, and a Wraithknight that I'm calling done for now, but will likely go back to so that I can neaten up areas, highlight, and likely put some transfers on.

Grokfog 02-15-19 12:40 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Next we have some Custodes I've been working on. They're also pretty heavily in progress, although I've finished with the Allarus Terminators for now, until I'm more comfortable with highlighting cloth, so that I can do a decent job on the cloaks and plumes.

Grokfog 02-15-19 12:48 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Finally (for now at least), my Infinity Aleph. Again, more work in progress.

Old Man78 02-15-19 03:05 PM

I love those wraith construct models, makes me want to add them to my sprue pile. I like what you've done with the custodes, with the purple and gold

Grokfog 02-16-19 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Man78 (Post 2445381)
I love those wraith construct models, makes me want to add them to my sprue pile. I like what you've done with the custodes, with the purple and gold

Thank you :-)

Grokfog 02-22-19 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So, it's been a few days since I updated this, I've not much to add. Unfortunately I only really paint at work, and I've had a busy couple of days. Hoping to get some painting done this weekend, however I may be too embarrassed to show my feeble efforts when my store is hosting Siege Studios painting workshop 😂

I have done a little work though, the Tassets and Pauldrons of one of my Custodes. I'm using a pretty simple recipe, Retributor Armour base, a wash of Reikland Fleshshade Gloss, then a coat of Lahmian Medium. This leaves a nice matte metallic look, that's easy to replicate. The photo here is before the Lahmian Medium.

High_Seraph 02-22-19 07:22 PM

How'd you do the paint job on that wraithknight's face plate thingy for your Iayanden army?

Grokfog 02-23-19 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Started off with a black base (army painter Matt Black), then I stole a makeup sponge from the wife (a triangular one, so I had some nice sharp edges to use).

Using a tile, I got a selection of colours (turquoise, light blue, white), and using the sponge I lightly dabbed the paint in the pattern I wanted, starting with darker colours and working up to very light spelling of white. Didn't keep too neat about it. Then painted in the star, and gave a coat of gloss varnish :-)

Grokfog 03-03-19 05:43 PM

7 Attachment(s)
So, I decided to challenge myself today, and see if I could paint a model in a short shift.

I had a finecast Abaddon hanging around, and a 4 hour shift to get through.

I was at work, so had to serve customers and answer emails, but I'm still pretty happy considering :-)