Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Question on weapon options for Land Raider (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/21789-question-weapon-options-land-raider.html)

imperialdudes 11-17-08 01:59 AM

Question on weapon options for Land Raider

hey, I i just got done converting my redeemer with a pulpit for my chapalin. This pulpit has a storm bolter. Can my redeemer have a multi melta and 2 storm bolters? The codex says and weapons and my friend said it has only 2 hatches so only 2 weapons, but the hunter kill missiles go on the hatch and can be taken with a multi melta and storm bolter. In the kit the hunter kill missiles is on a hatch which leads my to presume i can take 3 weapons. Can i double up on weapons?

Galahad 11-17-08 02:56 AM

Unless it says otherwise, you cannot pick the same vehicle option twice.

So while you *can* have a MM, Storm Bolter and HKM, you cannot have two HKMs or two Storm Bolters, etc. Doesn;t have anything to do with the number of hatches, it;s just how the rules read.

If you;re going to put a storm bolter on the pulpit then that's the only one you get.

imperialdudes 11-17-08 02:58 AM

ok thanks for the quick and helpful answer. Do i have to measure from the hatch where the storm bolter should be or where the pulpit storm bolter is located ( towars back of landraider)?

Galahad 11-17-08 03:04 AM

Measure from the actual gun barrel

Exodus 11-17-08 09:50 AM

Quick not you can have 2 storm bolter on a rino ( he he i use it a lot)
1 comes in the vechil stats and the other is pinnel mounted for 5pts

darklove 11-17-08 10:56 AM

Measure range from the hull, check LoS from where the gun is.

MaidenManiac 11-17-08 01:55 PM

When firing a vehicles weapon, ranges are measured from the muzzle of the firing weapon, whilst LoS is determined from the weapons mounting point and along its barrel.

Pg 56 BRB

darklove 11-17-08 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaidenManiac (Post 234788)
When firing a vehicles weapon, ranges are measured from the muzzle of the firing weapon, whilst LoS is determined from the weapons mounting point and along its barrel.

Pg 56 BRB

Sorry, I was thinking of the Monolith (as it is the only vehicle I ever use), which has different rules.

Galahad 11-17-08 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 234678)
Quick not you can have 2 storm bolter on a rino ( he he i use it a lot)
1 comes in the vechil stats and the other is pinnel mounted for 5pts

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be insulting...but I have no idea what you just said. Slow down, take a moment and try again, please. I'm interested to hear what you have to say, but you have to meet me half way and post in a manner everyone else can read.

Underground Heretic 11-17-08 03:17 PM

He was trying to say that you can have two storm bolters on a rhino.

Translation:Quick, now you can have two storm bolters on a rhino ([laughs twice] I use it a lot). One comes with the vehicle's statistics [assumed to be the basic armament] and the other is pintle-mounted for [removed] points.

Note to users: This is Heresy, please follow the rules about posting point costs for war gear and learn to spell. If you don't know how to spell the word ask someone or look in your codex. Sorry about being rude, it just gets annoying and stops people from helping you because they can't read your post.

I am Underground Heretic, and I approved this message.