Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Plaguebearers, Daemonettes, Start Collecting:CSM all no longer available (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/216553-plaguebearers-daemonettes-start-collecting-csm-all-no-longer-available.html)

Shandathe 06-26-17 07:49 PM

Plaguebearers, Daemonettes, Start Collecting:CSM all no longer available

Noted some things that are possibly related but Start Collecting! Chaos Space Marines is No Longer Available, so I'm guessing we'll see an update there as it seems unlikely for CSM NOT to have a starter box.

Similarly, Daemonettes are no longer available. With Nurgle in the process of getting his update, Slaanesh is the only one that hasn't had one, so maybe it's coming? Not too sad to see these go as the current crop of Daemonettes - supposed to be as alluring as they are twisted - was very much erring on the side of hideous.

Last but not least, Plaguebearers. Might've been filling the same role as Poxwalkers?

Khorne's Fist 06-26-17 08:18 PM

The plague bearers went out of stock late last week. I'd say it's more to do with "new edition, new army" phenomenon rather than anything else. That's certainly been my particular story.

Shandathe 06-26-17 08:24 PM

This isn't a "Availability: Temporarily out of stock" with its Email Me button. This is "Availability: No Longer Available Online" with all the pictures greyed out.

It looks to be quite permanent a status for these kits.

Khorne's Fist 06-26-17 08:48 PM

The plaguebearers box is only a couple of years old, and quite a nice kit. Can't see it being updated already, especially with other chaos kits like marines and berzerkers being about ten years older with no sign of an update.

Shandathe 06-26-17 09:05 PM

I'm aware. But you can see the page same as me, and that's all the info I have. Maybe they're just repackaging some things or something?

Khorne's Fist 06-26-17 09:57 PM

Hopefully. Just to be on the safe side though, I might buy another start collecting box from a third party.

Roganzar 06-27-17 12:32 AM

Hopefully the Daemonettes of Slaanesh will get an update as they've always been pretty underwhelming to me and not enough sexy, naughty.
The Plaguebearers of Nurgle are probably getting something to do with the eventual Death Guard release coming up, in the near future.
Or both of these are just getting updated boxes with new UPCs and GW isn't changing the models at all. Their just changing the packaging and drumming up concern/interest.

Khorne's Fist 06-27-17 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roganzar (Post 2414673)
The Plaguebearers of Nurgle are probably getting something to do with the eventual Death Guard release coming up, in the near future.

Good point. They did say all new releases would come with a data sheet in the box. With Mort and co. on the way a full repackage makes sense.

The Son of Horus 06-27-17 02:32 PM

The molds are being retooled on these models. Nothing to worry about. This comes up occasionally. As for the Start Collecting CSM, since we're going to see a CSM release sooner rather than later, it made sense to discontinue that one in favor of promoting Dark Imperium for the moment, and preparing a re-launch of those.

Kreuger 06-27-17 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2414625)
The plaguebearers box is only a couple of years old, and quite a nice kit. Can't see it being updated already, especially with other chaos kits like marines and berzerkers being about ten years older with no sign of an update.

Ironically, the Berzerker box is one of the best marines for money values at around $3 per model. The models are dated, but with just a little work they are fine.