Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Modelling and Painting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/27-modelling-painting/)
-   -   Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - April Voting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/modelling-painting/215633-monthly-conversion-deathmatch-april-voting.html)

Dave T Hobbit 05-03-17 07:06 PM

Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - April Voting

Voting is open to all members of the Forum. All entrants must vote, and cannot vote for themselves.

Each member of the Forum can cast one vote in each of the two categories by posting in this thread:

Most Innovative Idea: This category covers the pure imagination that fuels conversions so is for the cleverest idea irrespective of technical execution

Best Executed Idea: As well as ideas conversions are works of technical skill, so this category covers the ability to make a converted model look as if it has always been that way irrespective of how ambitious the change was.

Voting will close at midnight GMT, 10 May 2017.

Vote do not need to include a reason but they are encouraged.

For example, I might put:

Most Innovative Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch is a great idea

Best Executed Idea: The Mod Team - the Conversion Deathmatch has been run very well.

The current full rules and FAQ can be found in the Rules thread.

This month's entries are below. There are more shots of many of the conversions from other angles in the Entry Thread:

DaisyDuke

Battman

TheGunslinger

DaisyDuke 05-05-17 01:43 PM

Both to the gunslinger, I think the idea and execution are bang on.
Sorry battman 🙂

Ring Master "Honka" 05-05-17 02:25 PM

Most Innovative Idea: The Gunslinger
looking at the Pieces for this has Given Me an idea for a possible farseer conversion. hmmmmm

Best Executed Idea: DaisyDuke
the conversion looks like it always had a melter in his hand

DaisyDuke 05-05-17 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ring Master "Honka" (Post 2404553)
Best Executed Idea: DaisyDuke
the conversion looks like it always had a melter in his hand

Cheers:drinks::drinks: dude

The Gunslinger 05-06-17 11:39 AM

Best executed: DaisyDuke. I have to agree, it's a seamless conversion and looks great. Can't wait to see it painted.

Most innovative: Battman. I'm very much intrigued by steampunk orks. It's an interesting idea and I'm excited to see more.

And thanks for the comments guys!

madfly-art 05-07-17 12:40 AM

Most Innovative Idea: TheGunslinger: magic
Best Executed Idea: DaisyDuke: simple, effective

Khorne's Fist 05-07-17 10:14 PM

Most Innovative : TheGunslinger
Best Executed: DaisyDuke

Battman 05-13-17 03:09 PM

For my vote on the most effective is probably going to agree on the simpler but quite effective kitbash by daisyduke.

And second vote on the most inventive to gunslingers necromancer. One question on that model how have you managed to get those rocks in place? Lots of pinning? Or is this more a display peice not needing of much strength?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The Gunslinger 05-13-17 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battman (Post 2406273)
For my vote on the most effective is probably going to agree on the simpler but quite effective kitbash by daisyduke.

And second vote on the most inventive to gunslingers necromancer. One question on that model how have you managed to get those rocks in place? Lots of pinning? Or is this more a display peice not needing of much strength?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The rocks actually come like that, they are from the High elf mage kit.
A great piece which I have dying to use for ages.

Dave T Hobbit 05-15-17 12:41 PM

Most Innovative: The Gunslinger
Best Executed: DaisyDuke