Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Vaults of Terra: The Carrion Throne (Limited Edition) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/214937-vaults-terra-carrion-throne-limited-edition.html)

Entarion 05-31-17 03:46 PM

I have received replacement for Carrion Throne yesterday and gold is perfect. I wonder if damage happens during transfer (which I doubt) or they send even very slightly damaged books expecting that no replacement will be asked.

Knockagh 05-31-17 09:17 PM

I haven't got my new copy yet. But my first copy arrived perfect but rubbed off just reading it. There was hardly any gold left by the time I got to the end. I'm not rough with books at all, particularly not expensive ones!

Doelago 06-01-17 07:13 AM

Holy shit the quality issues on these things are getting ridiculous. A 55€ book should be of sufficient quality to last at least one reading and not fucking fall apart just from being touched. At this point they might as well start throwing in the regular edition of the book just so we have a copy that we can actually read without fear of ruining it whilst the fragile as shits Limited Edition goes into an airtight glass cabinet so as to not fall apart.

Entarion 06-01-17 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 2410761)
Holy shit the quality issues on these things are getting ridiculous. A 55€ book should be of sufficient quality to last at least one reading and not fucking fall apart just from being touched. At this point they might as well start throwing in the regular edition of the book just so we have a copy that we can actually read without fear of ruining it whilst the fragile as shits Limited Edition goes into an airtight glass cabinet so as to not fall apart.

I would actually appreciate at least free digital copy for every limited edition. I had put my replacement back to original box and put it to dark place never expect to open it again. Which is shame for such a beautiful book.

But airtight glass cabinet is actually great idea :grin2:

Knockagh 06-01-17 07:08 PM

I'm pretty confident this is a production issue they are sorting out. This is a new format they are trying which everyone loves the look of it's the robustness of the product. And I'm sure it's sortable.
While they replace them I can't complain too much.
I hate digital books so if they are giving out free books with them make mine a paperback?

Entarion 06-15-17 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lucian (Post 2402866)
Finished it, very atmospheric. Terra in 40k is a frightening place. As for the plot itself, its ultimately related to a certain lorebit as I suspected it was. Though it feels like the author ran out of pages and had to wrap it up.

Without spoiling anything major, to what lorebit is this related ? Or better. Should I read any other book before Carrion Throne ?

Brother Lucian 06-15-17 08:24 AM

It will be obvious when you read it, but no, no other books are needed. This is the first book directly dealing with this particular codex blurb.

Entarion 07-21-17 01:41 PM

Great book from the beginning to the very end. It actually took me 295 pages to fully realize to what lore bit it was related. Story had good flow without blind spots. Throughout the book I thought this will be regular "traitor" inquisitor story but plot twist at the end made it great.

Parts with Custodes were majestic! Can't wait for Watchers of the Throne.

Can we make any conclusions because of what happened in the end ?

Brother Lucian 07-21-17 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entarion (Post 2418738)
Great book from the beginning to the very end. It actually took me 295 pages to fully realize to what lore bit it was related. Story had good flow without blind spots. Throughout the book I thought this will be regular "traitor" inquisitor story but plot twist at the end made it great.

Parts with Custodes were majestic! Can't wait for Watchers of the Throne.

Can we make any conclusions because of what happened in the end ?

Speculation

Entarion 07-21-17 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lucian (Post 2418746)
Speculation