Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   8th Edition Rumours (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/214921-8th-edition-rumours.html)

Gret79 04-06-17 07:44 AM

8th Edition Rumours

So this is floating round on the net this morning...

Quote:

1, Codexs are done and will be replaced on launch day withwar-scroll style releases much in the vain that AOS was.

2, Gone are templates, weapons will instead do random numbers of wounds much like flamer do now in overwatch

3, Vehicle armour values are gone, vehicles will instead get multiple wounds (expect even the most basic tank to have a lot of wounds doublefigures) heavier weapons will however do multiple wounds too.

4, Weapons will have a armour save modifier much like second edition rather than an ap value, so you have a save and this is reduced depending which weapon you’re shot with, rather than getting full save until your ap value is beaten.

5, Early summer release date, I think he said June but it may have been July my memory isn’t what it used to be J.

6, Rules will be simplified but not to the extent of AOS like AOS there will be three ways to play open narrative and matched.

7, Charging from vehicles is back not just assault vehicles,expect to see rhinos full of assault marines as far as the eye can see…

I honestly don't know how I feel about those. I own a lot of codex's and IA's :/
Vehicles having wounds means no vehicle damage.
I like templates (but not the scatter dice - it hates me :D) and I'll be sad if they go.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

Battman 04-06-17 07:55 AM

Been seeing these floating around out, certainly seems interesting enough, unless they gut the game as bad as they did with warhammer.

But some tidying could be done, so bit on the fence with the ideas they are bringing out

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

neferhet 04-06-17 08:57 AM

Add this to the previously mentioned morale changes and we basically have Age of Emperor.
We'll see.
Is this rumor reliable? SALT! (but panick nonetheless)

DaisyDuke 04-06-17 01:09 PM

I will be sad to see templates go, but I guess we will just have to wait and see. It seems strange to bin off all of the recent publications what with plague marines around the corner, but this is GW so it's the waiting game.

Gret79 04-06-17 02:53 PM

I've checked this with a separate source and got told to expect the template bit.
I'm taking that with salt but I've no reason to disbelieve him.

Also found the beneath

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faiet212
via an anonymous source (take this as solid as you can get)
Codices are not going away.
Won't comment on any other lucky swings in that list.

neferhet 04-06-17 03:45 PM

I wont say that i'd like to see templates gone. I certainly love the fact that small blast weapons could be more useful. but flamers...damn i love the flamer template!

DaisyDuke 04-06-17 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neferhet (Post 2397873)
I wont say that i'd like to see templates gone. I certainly love the fact that small blast weapons could be more useful. but flamers...damn i love the flamer template!

Preach on

neferhet 04-06-17 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaisyDuke (Post 2397881)
Preach on

Sorry, but i am not linguistically able to understand that :laugh:
really, what do you mean @DaisyDuke ?
i'm at a loss...

scscofield 04-06-17 05:22 PM

Imagine a fire and brimstone preacher going 'Praise the lord!' then apply it to flamer templates.

neferhet 04-06-17 06:01 PM

----all hail the flamer template lord!
May the fiery template of his fury fall upon our enemy!-----