Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Issues I have with Black Library website (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/213762-issues-i-have-black-library-website.html)

Doelago 03-24-17 05:38 AM

Also just heard back from customer service and they are sending me a replacement as well. Whilst they might occasionally cheap out on quality, at least the level of customer service remains top notch.

forkmaster 03-27-17 09:40 AM

BL's web-site weren't offencively bad up until the last major change (where BL, GW and FW all changed their web-sites), which as you put it, made it a search-nightmare for customers. Only BL turned out for the worse I would say. I'm thankful there are others sites which keeps a better track of their releases and reading-orders than themselves.

Entarion 03-29-17 12:58 PM

Change is coming today http://www.blacklibrary.com/

Hopefully, it is a good one. I am very interested in those special offers.

Doelago 03-29-17 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entarion (Post 2395873)
I am very interested in those special offers.

Old eBooks for half price.

evanswolves 03-29-17 03:13 PM

well well, site is up, quick look at my orders, and seems im getting a free ebook of Fury of The God Machines, if this is true then that is awesome, and i hope they do this for every Limited Edition they release going forward

Then again, if its a cock up and i only end up with an Ebook, i shall be a wee pit pissed lol

Khorne's Fist 03-29-17 03:44 PM

Just had a quick look at the new site. First impressions, it's a definite improvement. Seems that stuff like series are more accessible. But as I said, I just had a cursory glance.

Entarion 03-29-17 03:48 PM

Categories are back and we even have availability icons :yahoo:

Of course, there could different icons for paperback and hardback but these changes are great. Bring back "Print on Demand", "Direct exclusives" and reprint older books and I will be 100% happy. :grin2:

evanswolves 03-29-17 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanswolves (Post 2395929)
well well, site is up, quick look at my orders, and seems im getting a free ebook of Fury of The God Machines, if this is true then that is awesome, and i hope they do this for every Limited Edition they release going forward

Then again, if its a cock up and i only end up with an Ebook, i shall be a wee pit pissed lol

Meh, nevermind, its gone back to how it was before (no download) though i still have Titanicus in my Downloads section, it does say "Download not available" though... and there was me thinking they were going to something amazing, haha

Knockagh 03-29-17 05:16 PM

At a quick look not much changed. Bit easier to see what formats books are available in that's about it I think.

Entarion 03-31-17 03:02 PM

I have contacted BL support again to ask few questions and I would like to share answers with where at least one is interesting

Quote:

We are certainly considering bringing back the print on demand service at some point but we have no firm plans for this at the moment. For the Direct Exclusives we are not sure about this but I'll pass on your request.

We have no current plans to re-print the older Space Marine Battles books in hardback but again, I will pass on your request.

We don't normally reprint books in premium formats, whether it is the hardback 40k novels or the premium paperback Heresy novels as we have found in the past that they are not that popular after the initial run unfortunately.