Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Project Logs (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/35-project-logs/)
-   -   Iron Warriors - The Disgruntled Marines (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/project-logs/210625-iron-warriors-disgruntled-marines.html)

DaisyDuke 11-09-16 03:33 PM

Don't know if this helps, but here's a picture of how I've started mine.
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/...ps51yh02bt.jpg

Brother Dextus 11-10-16 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreuger (Post 2369825)
The ad hoc chainfist could really use more bulk. Right now it looks pretty spindly. The autocannon looks spindly too but it isn't designed to be smashed into walls and armored vehicles.

Otherwise the contemptor restyling looks good to me.

The true- scaling doesn't look all that worth it. I think it might make more sense to use smaller discs as spacers. Right now it looks like side of the white plastic is sticking out past the edges of the legs and it should also be easier to fill in the gap with putty and get a smooth finish. Too little putty can make it harder. Also make sure your tools are wet otherwise it sticks to the tools.

Good luck!

The true scaling is certainly not worth it! Its a massive ballache!

On the chainfist, I assume you mean on the upper arm section. I thought that myself, although I'm unsure how to improve it other than just bulking it out with wider plasti tubes.

Brother Dextus 11-10-16 10:37 AM

Thanks Daisy - will help me chaosify mine!

thebuilder 11-10-16 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neferhet (Post 2370009)
Well, this means you manege to cut and reposition legs and stuff faster than me! :laugh:
How much time does it take you for a truescale mini ti be rebuilt?

It takes me about half an hour (in total) to fully build a truescale marine.

This is obviously by working in bulk (10-20 at a time) and spread out over about 3 days, for various layers of GS to dry.

For me, it's become a necessity. I couldn't build a normal scale marine for myself now.

Brother Dextus 11-10-16 03:41 PM

@ thebuilder - Ive just clocked that its your tutorial Ive used to 'truescale'!!!
Dude, your method is sound, but JEEEBUS it takes frigging ages first time round.

Do you mind if I PM you for assistance... I'm struggling a little bit?

thebuilder 11-11-16 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Dextus (Post 2370537)
@ thebuilder - Ive just clocked that its your tutorial Ive used to 'truescale'!!!
Dude, your method is sound, but JEEEBUS it takes frigging ages first time round.

Do you mind if I PM you for assistance... I'm struggling a little bit?

HA! and thanks!

And trust me, it took me AGES the first times I did it too. I've been doing it for about 3 years now, and refining it all the time.

Absolutely drop me a PM, or email.

Brother Dextus 12-09-16 01:36 PM

I've been concentrating on another project which has sat in the background for over a year, but is now 90% done. See my other (new) log here.

I am also waiting for my xmas prezzies - another BoP box and Codex Traitor Legions! I'll probably end up redoing my lists after reading.

Brother Dextus 12-19-16 10:03 AM

I'm using up the last of my leave days today - what better way to spend it than making toys!
Todays plan is to finish off my true scale chosen; especially Honsou, The Newborn and Grendel. I've changed up using the original tutorial for true scaling and have taken advice from thebuilder and hopefully finishing what i started will be less frustrating.
Will post pics of the WIP and finished product when the green stuff get is to drying phase :)

neferhet 12-19-16 11:12 AM

Wonderful! Looking forward to that.
Did the new traitor legions rules changed sothing in your army composition ideas?

Brother Dextus 12-20-16 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neferhet (Post 2376449)
Wonderful! Looking forward to that.
Did the new traitor legions rules changed sothing in your army composition ideas?

I have only seen the leak of the special relics and stuff (apparently Santa is bringing the prezzies and I will have to wait until then to find out more) - but I like the relics so far. Some great siege weapons, and the ability to actually make a Honsou with actual realistic rules is pretty fcking good IMO!!