Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Black Crusade (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/209378-black-crusade.html)

Gret79 09-12-16 07:47 AM

Black Crusade

Hi,

I apologise if this has been asked already or is self evident...

How does the Black Crusade book interact with the supplements already released?

Can I use the black legion rules with the black crusade book?
I'd not even considered it - I've been list building assuming I had to use the straight CSM relics. But then I saw on another site people suggesting mixing the supplements

If I can take the black legion relics I'm going to be ecstatic :grin2:

neferhet 09-12-16 08:32 AM

Hey Gret.
As far as i understand, you can mix various supplements unless rules are colliding . Eg. you could take a Lost and the damned formation, selecting cultists from the Crimson Slaughter detachment. And yes, you can mix relics, since it was previously stated that you can take all the relics from all the supplements (was that a faq? i can't recall)
Please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gret79 (Post 2359882)
Hi,
If I can take the black legion relics I'm going to be ecstatic :grin2:

Also, what's on your mind? have you seen some nasty combo? Black legion relics are quite meh...

Gret79 09-12-16 09:23 AM

Hi Neferhet :) I'm impressed you're still a khorne beleiber :D

I've been using the BL relics for a while - there's nothing major combo related.
But I very much like the idea of a Raptor Lord with MOS and the quicksilver blade - init 7 on the charge from deepstrike.

Although having said that, the hand of night would a fun gamble against loyalists now. Raptor Lord - DS and charge, Hatred, Init 6 with MoS and a 1 punch death move... it'd be funny to watch someone momentarily shit themselves, but as soon as they remembered you can refuse a challenge it'd be pointless.
I also want to put the eye of night on a warpsmith, sat at the back of the table fixing defilers and forgefiends. I'm biased with the eye of night - I have literally never missed with it and it's always made its points back.
I also have a Night Lord Captain with a power fist and power sword - I can use the skull of kerngar to give him eternal warrior/adamantium will and give him two buffs from the boon table a turn.
I get to use one of my favourite models without having him squished straight away :)
Free VOTL will also get my points down and that should pay for the extra relics I think

Gret79 09-12-16 11:45 AM

And a separate question - which formations are stand alone formations from BL and CS?
Which can only be taken as part of a their respective detachment?

DaisyDuke 09-12-16 03:57 PM

Both can use all, you just wouldn't have the vets bonus if you're using Crimson slaughter. And CS can't use the possessed one due to the prince element and the way their possessed differ from normal.

neferhet 09-12-16 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gret79 (Post 2359946)
Hi Neferhet :) I'm impressed you're still a khorne beleiber :D

I've been using the BL relics for a while - there's nothing major combo related.
But I very much like the idea of a Raptor Lord with MOS and the quicksilver blade - init 7 on the charge from deepstrike.

Although having said that, the hand of night would a fun gamble against loyalists now. Raptor Lord - DS and charge, Hatred, Init 6 with MoS and a 1 punch death move... it'd be funny to watch someone momentarily shit themselves, but as soon as they remembered you can refuse a challenge it'd be pointless.
I also want to put the eye of night on a warpsmith, sat at the back of the table fixing defilers and forgefiends. I'm biased with the eye of night - I have literally never missed with it and it's always made its points back.
I also have a Night Lord Captain with a power fist and power sword - I can use the skull of kerngar to give him eternal warrior/adamantium will and give him two buffs from the boon table a turn.
I get to use one of my favourite models without having him squished straight away :)
Free VOTL will also get my points down and that should pay for the extra relics I think

Once a blieber, forever a belieber!

I can see the one punch man raptor lord becoming extra fun. either miss big or hit big!