Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   What happened to Warseer? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/208258-what-happened-warseer.html)

randian 07-23-16 06:55 AM

What happened to Warseer?

Their forum has been down for several days and I've heard no news as to why or how.

xenobiotic 07-24-16 01:49 PM

It has happened on occasion before, usually with little to none information before hand.
In past events the site has been down for anything between a couple of hours to a week or two.
More often than not it has something to do with unscheduled maintenance of the site or site-upgrades.

Brother Lucian 07-24-16 04:00 PM

Warseer seems to have even poorer maintenance than heresy online. Theyve quite often gone offline, Ive noticed.

At least heresy online hasnt had whitescreen issues for a bit now, though activity in the forums have dropped a lot of late. Bolter & chainsword seems to be the most reliable fansite so far.

Kharn The Complainer 08-14-16 04:17 PM

Heresy is near dead. I suspect that it's my fault. The other posters have been threatened by the impressiveness of Khârn. They felt emasculated.

ntaw 08-14-16 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer (Post 2354866)
Heresy is near dead. I suspect that it's my fault. The other posters have been threatened by the impressiveness of Khârn. They felt emasculated.

It's hard when you post the same content on two forums and one you get dozens of responses and here you get tumbleweeds blowing across your computer desk suddenly.

I'm willing to bet a lot of the inactivity is due to people not being able to log back into their accounts after the password reset and going "well fuck it then".

Tender Loli Care 08-15-16 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 2354890)
It's hard when you post the same content on two forums and one you get dozens of responses and here you get tumbleweeds blowing across your computer desk suddenly.

I'm willing to bet a lot of the inactivity is due to people not being able to log back into their accounts after the password reset and going "well fuck it then".

This for me

I can't even remember the email i used with my Loli account, so for months I just couldn't be assed, seemed like id lost abit of myself since I've been here since 09 I think. Only made this account because my Plog is here, but more and more I find myself at B&C these days -even if its more as a lurker as opposed to poster

ntaw 08-15-16 12:38 PM

Since I've been here this site has suffered two critical blows to its membership: the Russian hack that ended the site for a month or so that cause the rep system to be completely reset and revamped, and the recent format change that saw everyone's password reset. The latter had a notice posted, I guess, and emails sent out to people, I guess, but yeah. No one knew what the hell was going on.

Loli's probably not taken on B&C, NTaW wasn't :drinks:

Kreuger 08-17-16 02:09 PM

@ntaw I daresay the password reset was inconvenient but it's quite common for many sites these days. I can think of half a dozen times major services, social networks, or financial institutions have required it of me.

Though the Russian hack still seems like a waste of time. Why bother with a gaming forum?

ntaw 08-17-16 04:33 PM

I'm 30 and in all my time internetting I've never had an online password reset with as little information provided as when Heresy did it (ref. banks, social networks, forums as well). I didn't see the post about it and I'm on here (still) all the time and received no e-mail notification. I sat down at my computer to log in and it just didn't work. At the time I was even frequenting the admin's posts about the forum changeover and request for feedback.

As for the hack, well, I imagine it was a slighted member who ended up messing with the site.

Ah well. I'll keep tossing comments and occasional content up 'cuz I like it here but I get why people have fucked off and not come back.

Kharn The Complainer 08-17-16 04:41 PM

How do you guys know that they were Russian?