Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Another new Horus heresy release comming? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/206162-another-new-horus-heresy-release-comming.html)

Brother Lucian 05-17-16 08:49 AM

Another new Horus heresy release comming?

http://www.blacklibrary.com/the-horu...sy-teaser.html

Rumor says it may be the general release of the Meduson anthology.

Dark Apostle Marduk 05-17-16 06:50 PM

Is it apparent that Black Library is a money grubbing company? Oh wait... it's Games Workshop...

Doelago 05-17-16 07:23 PM

If this is yet another limited edition then they are really pushing the limits here...

evanswolves 05-17-16 10:35 PM

Image urls points to it being meduson , if that's true then all good, no need to pay the 45+ it's on eBay at the moment

Brother Lucian 05-18-16 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 2336802)
If this is yet another limited edition then they are really pushing the limits here...

Tbh, ive stopped caring about LEs. As its been proven, they will eventually make it as a main series numbered release. So I am wondering how they are going to treat Meduson, since the fourth book in the current queue hasnt been released yet, ie Angels of Caliban. So I do worry its going to get the LE treatment.

Knockagh 05-18-16 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lucian (Post 2336962)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 2336802)

Tbh, ive stopped caring about LEs. As its been proven, they will eventually make it as a main series numbered release. So I am wondering how they are going to treat Meduson, since the fourth book in the current queue hasnt been released yet, ie Angels of Caliban. So I do worry its going to get the LE treatment.

I like the limited editions but it's way way overkill at the minute, it's becoming impossible to read the new releases never mind buy a limited ed every week. Sometimes two. I'm afraid they will kill the market for them pretty quickly if it keeps up for much longer. Cassius hasn't sold very well and the Cain books which would have, I think, sold out immediately if they weren't on the back of 3 other box sets, still haven't sold out.

Love BL and limited eds just wish they would pace themselves a little more.

Doelago 05-18-16 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knockagh (Post 2336970)
I like the limited editions but it's way way overkill at the minute, it's becoming impossible to read the new releases never mind buy a limited ed every week. Sometimes two. I'm afraid they will kill the market for them pretty quickly if it keeps up for much longer. Cassius hasn't sold very well and the Cain books which would have, I think, sold out immediately if they weren't on the back of 3 other box sets, still haven't sold out.

Love BL and limited eds just wish they would pace themselves a little more.

Exactly. I have been buying all the WH40K and HH limited editions and boxed sets, but one, sometimes two a week for like a month in a row is really pushing it over the limit. I have no problem buying a fancy limited edition now and then, I quite like them even, but the pace at which they have been dropping these things as of late is really taking the piss. Not even the Horus Heresy limited editions which used to sell out in literally half an hour seem to be going all that hot on the market anymore, considering the last four they have released are all still in stock and available for order.

Dark Apostle Marduk 05-20-16 04:15 AM

The big question is, why would you waste your money??

evanswolves 05-20-16 11:32 AM

its up: 35 insludes 2 ausio dramas on 2 cds 35
http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-hom...-ultimate.html

CONTENTS
  • Meduson by Dan Abnett
  • Unforged and Unspoken by Guy Haley
  • Immortal Duty by Nick Kyme
  • Hand Elect by Chris Wraight
  • The Keys of Hel by John French
  • The Noose by David Annandale
  • Deeds Endure by Gav Thorpe
Audio drama: Grey Talon by Chris Wraight. Running time 60 minutes. Performed by John Banks, Ian Brooker, Steve Conlin, Toby Longworth & Luis Soto.
Audio drama: The Either by Graham McNeill. Running time 67 minutes. Performed by Gareth Armstrong, John Banks, Robin Bowerman, Ian Brooker, Steve Conlin, Toby Longworth, Luis Soto & Ramon Tikaram.

ABOUT THIS EDITION
  • 368-page hardback book with full-art matt PPC hardcover
  • Gloss dustjacket in the Horus Heresy series style with gold foiling and art by Neil Roberts
  • Includes 2 CDs contained in the endpapers

Deloth 05-20-16 12:21 PM

As the owner of several limited edition releases, I say the more the marrier. Will I own them all, heck no not even close, and I don't want to either really. I selectively cherry pick which LEs I am interested in, and as was said earlier LE releases eventually see their way into a standard release so it's a win/win.