Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Limited Edition Night Lords Hardback (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/204450-limited-edition-night-lords-hardback.html)

Angel of Blood 04-06-16 03:55 PM

Limited Edition Night Lords Hardback

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-prod...rilogy-hb.html

FUUUCK!!!!

First Eisenhorn and now this in the same month!!!

Could only just afford to buy the Eisenhorn books. Never going to be enough of these left by the time I get paid again. Mother dick! Going to have to shell out 100 odd on eBay later on.

I love these. And they're valued pretty ok for BL. But two in the same month? Come on BL. Give us a chance!

Angel of Blood 04-06-16 04:08 PM

Fuck it. I've moved stuff around. I'm getting it. Now watch them release Ravenor or Gaunts Ghosts next week.

Brother Lucian 04-06-16 05:07 PM

Glad I mainly collect ebooks now.

Lord of the Night 04-06-16 05:35 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 2320586)
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-prod...rilogy-hb.html

FUUUCK!!!!

First Eisenhorn and now this in the same month!!!

Could only just afford to buy the Eisenhorn books. Never going to be enough of these left by the time I get paid again. Mother dick! Going to have to shell out 100 odd on eBay later on.

I love these. And they're valued pretty ok for BL. But two in the same month? Come on BL. Give us a chance!

My reaction exactly. Twice. First in sheer shock, then second after realizing I just bought Eisenhorn (and given the choice between the two is there any doubt which one alone I would have gone for) and now my three ALL-TIME FAVOURITE!!! books are available in a lavish hardback version...

Damn you BL. I swore i'd never give you anymore of my money. Now they've gotten 90 from me in the last week alone. Its like they knew exactly what would break my resolve.

Oh well, at least I now have an excuse to re-read The Tragic Tale of Talos Valcoran. (As if I needed one.)

LotN

gen.ahab 04-06-16 07:09 PM

...... well, time to see if 'but limited edition hardbacks,' is a good excuse for canceling a date. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

evanswolves 04-06-16 08:03 PM

And there it is :) ordered on my way home from work haha :)

Knockagh 04-07-16 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 2320602)
Fuck it. I've moved stuff around. I'm getting it. Now watch them release Ravenor or Gaunts Ghosts next week.

Gaunts Ghosts would be a nightmare in this format. How many books are there? A dozen or more at least, can't remember. They would need released over a year or more. Just hope we get a good long break until the next one.

Lord of the Night 04-07-16 05:21 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knockagh (Post 2320946)
Gaunts Ghosts would be a nightmare in this format. How many books are there? A dozen or more at least, can't remember. They would need released over a year or more. Just hope we get a good long break until the next one.

We do NOT needs another reprint of Gaunt's Ghosts. The series is getting one now, and that is enough. We've had three versions of First and Only, three or four of Nightbringer... enough is enough.

LotN

Angel of Blood 04-07-16 06:28 PM

Speak for yourself. I want a beautiful hardback collectors edition of what I believe to be the best book series in the BL range.

evanswolves 04-07-16 09:20 PM

And they're gone, got despatch email earlier, so hoping it'll be here tomorrow

Doelago 04-07-16 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 2320962)
We do NOT needs another reprint of Gaunt's Ghosts.

I would buy a hardback re-release in this limited edition format without a seconds doubt. And I already own the originals, the omnibus versions and the new re-prints. Best series Black Library has published.

Kharn The Complainer 04-07-16 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen.ahab (Post 2320690)
...... well, time to see if 'but limited edition hardbacks,' is a good excuse for canceling a date. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I saw your post in the venting topic. It clearly wasn't a good excuse. Hahaha

Scrad 04-08-16 04:54 AM

But but but...I only just saw this :shok::puke:

Angel of Blood 04-11-16 03:29 PM

Well mine arrived today. And what a clusterfuck. UPS left it outside my back door because I wasn't in, then it rained. Managed to remain ok inside, but either due to the packaging BL used and/or the handling of it by UPS, this is how by boxset has ended up.

https://i.gyazo.com/4e2055b88ce445c9...8485a15f99.png

Can't say I'm too impressed. On to complaints now. BL have been pretty damn good with complaints in the past, so see how this goes.

Knockagh 04-11-16 03:53 PM

Ooohhh I would be spittin teeth ragin if that happened!
Mine hasn't arrived yet and I got the email telling me it was dispatched on Thursday, not as keen on ups as I was with good old Royal Mail. I'm a farmer and so live on top of a mountain which these private delivery firms just hate and they let you know it! My friendly postman is great knows which shed to leave packages in and to blast the horn in the farm yard if he needs me!

Angel of Blood 04-11-16 03:58 PM

I actually asked for Royal Mail, but UPS delivered it anyway. Same thing happened with my Eisenhorn set.

Knockagh 04-11-16 08:32 PM

Mine came just minutes after I wrote the last note! Maybe they are listening....... Thankfully it didn't get wet as I spied his van and raced over in the tractor to get him! The books are however somewhere between slightly and badly dinged at the top of the spine. Pretty annoying. I don't think it's anything to do with the delivery guys I think they are badly packed in a box with no cushioning and far to tight. Mine wasn't one of the signed copies either gggrrrr.

Angel of Blood 04-12-16 05:55 AM

Some of them are signed?

Doelago 04-12-16 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 2322546)
Some of them are signed?

Five copies were signed and randomly sent out from both the boxed sets.

Lord of the Night 04-12-16 06:12 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 2322562)
Five copies were signed and randomly sent out from both the boxed sets.

Huh, I never checked that when I looked at mine. Will have a look this weekend.

LotN

Dark Apostle Marduk 04-13-16 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 2320962)
We do NOT needs another reprint of Gaunt's Ghosts. The series is getting one now, and that is enough. We've had three versions of First and Only, three or four of Nightbringer... enough is enough.

LotN

We do not need ADB's Khorne awful rendering of the Night Lords.

Lord of the Night 04-13-16 05:46 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Apostle Marduk (Post 2322921)
We do not need ADB's Khorne awful rendering of the Night Lords.

I have no words to respond to this.

LotN

Dark Apostle Marduk 04-13-16 07:57 PM

People blowing smoke up ADB's arse, thinking he's all that good... meh. He's done much better. Much.... Much better.

Kharn The Complainer 04-13-16 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 2323065)

LotN

I felt that he made the NLs seem three dimensional. They weren't the usual comic book villains I've come to expect from BL Chaos.

Knockagh 04-13-16 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer (Post 2323121)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 2323065)

LotN

I felt that he made the NLs seem three dimensional. They weren't the usual comic book villains I've come to expect from BL Chaos.

Eeerrrmmmmm?????? What? Are you saying that's a bad thing? I'm totally confused by this.

Kharn The Complainer 04-14-16 08:50 AM

It can be nothing other than a good thing to give them dimensions and motivation other than 'Raaarrrrgghhh! Chaos!!! *snarl* Metal boxes!11 GRRRRR'
Certainly a good thing.

Dawn of War did a good job of displaying both types of BL Chaos.

https://youtu.be/cO3MttgvHUY
This is when the writers turn Chaos marines into comedic villains. I absolutely hate this kind of character.

Knockagh 04-19-16 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 2322394)
Well mine arrived today. And what a clusterfuck. UPS left it outside my back door because I wasn't in, then it rained. Managed to remain ok inside, but either due to the packaging BL used and/or the handling of it by UPS, this is how by boxset has ended up.

https://i.gyazo.com/4e2055b88ce445c9...8485a15f99.png

Can't say I'm too impressed. On to complaints now. BL have been pretty damn good with complaints in the past, so see how this goes.

How did it go with this? I sent a complaint about the bashes on my copies but haven't received a reply as yet. I think in the uk they are obliged to replace, repair or take a return on a faulty good. How that works on limited editions though I don't know

Doelago 04-19-16 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knockagh (Post 2324602)
How did it go with this? I sent a complaint about the bashes on my copies but haven't received a reply as yet. I think in the uk they are obliged to replace, repair or take a return on a faulty good. How that works on limited editions though I don't know

When my copy of the Sabbat Crusade First Edition arrived with a banged up case they just sent me a new one no problem whatsoever. The customer service over at BL is what keeps me buying directly from them instead of third party retailers, the quality of service is just so good that a few euros left or right does not bother me at all.

Angel of Blood 04-19-16 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knockagh (Post 2324602)

Sorry for no update. Yeah they sent me a new one straight out, this one in a much better box with extra packaging inside.

Dark Apostle Marduk 04-19-16 07:21 PM

They probably said "You wasted your money on this, we might as well help you out a wee bit!"

Angel of Blood 04-19-16 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Apostle Marduk (Post 2324658)
They probably said "You wasted your money on this, we might as well help you out a wee bit!"

We get it. You don't like the series or ADB all that much.

Dark Apostle Marduk 04-19-16 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 2324666)
We get it. You don't like the series or ADB all that much.

No, sir, I do not think you truly do.

He has wrote a decent book or two. Just not this one.

What happened to good old books from Lee Lightner? Those two authors are great... not just because I personally know one of them and he teaches me to paint, but him and his partner write classics.

I just find it funny that the times change and with it so do people's "taste" in stories. It's almost like music. I just really can't stand the idea of "acceptable" novel ideas dropping in scale, so to speak. It seems Black Library tends to produce novels that are liked by the newer generations; and sometimes to keep up with said generation and their tiny intellectual properties, the storylines dwindle to compensate.

It saddens me with every coming novel. However! I still have hope for the future, and therefor I still buy their books!

Too be honest, I was just being a little over dramatic. He has some good books, he's not all that bad. I know BL basically tells him what to write, but I don't think he should stoop to their level! Don't give in to the MAN!