Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   7th edition Ork Dreadnaught (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/203410-7th-edition-ork-dreadnaught.html)

Battman 03-08-16 08:36 AM

7th edition Ork Dreadnaught

Just a quick one, been looking into the starter box formation and in particular the Dread.

Was looking back over the rules and as with the 4th edition book you can buy an additional klaw arm which in the old book mentioned with each additional arm the model gained an attack.

In the new book for 10 points you can buy an additional arm but with no discription in the dreadnaught page, for the bonus attack. The klaws are recomended to page 93 which discribes the kan klaw and klaw of gork and mork but no dread klaw so what are the rules? Or is this just another error.

Also looked in a FAQ but it seems that there is no mention unless I've got an older one. Any thoughts or are the additional klaws useless.

ntaw 03-10-16 06:06 PM

Dreadnoughts get extra attacks for every weapon past the second one, check out the BRB instead of the Codex.

Unless I have totally misconstrued your point here.

MidnightSun 03-10-16 06:37 PM

They're just Power Klaws, like you find on infantry; Range: -, Str: x2, AP: 2, Type: Melee, Unwieldy. They stopped calling them Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons at the end of 5th edition, and are now almost always just Power Fists or Power Klaws.

Rush Darling 03-11-16 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battman (Post 2310578)
Was looking back over the rules and as with the 4th edition book you can buy an additional klaw arm which in the old book mentioned with each additional arm the model gained an attack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 2311458)
Dreadnoughts get extra attacks for every weapon past the second one, check out the BRB instead of the Codex.

BRB Under Walkers and Assaults

Bonus attack for every melee weapon past the first, so 2 weapons for +1 attack (as per almost everything else) and 3 weapons for +2 attacks. Obviously if a weapon arm is destroyed it drops down again, and naturally they lose the use of the profile for the destroyed weapon. (yay for my dreadnought bonking noggins with his assault cannon, a situation I find myself in faaar too often).

I'm assuming Ntaw meant extra EXTRA attacks, i.e. on top of the attacks that everything else dual wielding bananas (or a banana and water pistol) get anyway.

Fun fact: Immobilised / Stunned walkers (NOT Shaken (stirred)) fight in close combat with 1 less attack than normal, to a minimum of 1, and can't sweep / pile in / consolidate.

Hoping this really was the question, otherwise yay for tangents!