Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/20-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello All (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/new-member-introductions/203002-hello-all.html)

stokerd 02-26-16 06:29 PM

Hello All

I mainly play Warhammer 40k, with a sprinkling of Age of Sigmar, Warmachine/Hordes, and Infinity thrown in. I've been playing 40k for almost 15 years, after picking up a White Dwarf and loving the Salamanders Space Marines featured there. However, while I've had several Space Marine armies, I've never had a Salamanders one until now - currently working on building a Salamanders force.

Really excited to be here and see what's up!

Battman 02-26-16 06:49 PM

Well welcome to heresy! Another who enjoys the salamanders spacemarines. Do you have a favorite company of just the old green marine?

Certainly sounds like you have a large collection of games that your involved with whats your preference? In game play and lore? And minitures too?

Tyriks 02-26-16 06:52 PM

Welcome! What chapters have you been playing, if not Salamanders?

stokerd 02-26-16 07:55 PM

I'm currently basing my Salamanders around the 3rd Company (mainly because of the Salamanders books), though most of the current army build is actually around the 1st Company (I'm building a terminator force assaulting a Space Hulk, using Space Hulk Terminators). It will look cool when done! :)

The next portion of the army will be exclusively 3rd Company - as they help Vulkan recover one of the Primarch's artifacts - specifically the Engine of Woes - a custom Fellblade that I'm going to kit bash. :)

My favorite game by far is 40k, but it gets a little intense for me. I had some serious health issues several years ago that have left lingering effects, and it's hard to concentrate for a full game (too many models). Thus, I play the smaller games when I want to roll dice but don't have the mental acuity to handle all the models. Warmachine is probably my second favorite.

As to previous armies, I've played:
- The Grapes of Wrath - original army (purple/white) - custom Space Marines
- Stormbringers - first fully painted army (bone/green) - based on Dark Angels/Deathwing
- Corgath 255th (the River Pirates) - Catachan IG army, painted blue/white
- Thousand Sons - my only tournament victory army :)
- Grey Knights - first iteration
- Necrons (bronze/green) - as many Destroyers as I could fit!
- Sons of Medusa - ended up losing 1200 points of this army (fully painted) in a fire :(
- Havenican 192nd - custom IG for my gaming club
- Hive Fleet Gorgon - custom Tyranids, based around them assimilating an Ork Waagh!
- Khorne Berserkers - Berserkers and Defilers (modeled as scorpions)
- Grey Knights - second iteration - this time fully painted
- Space Wolves
- Eldar Aspect Warriors
- Tau - a transport/skimmer heavy, mobile list. Only 3 Crisis suit (the HQ and bodyguard) :)
- Chaos Daemons - all four gods represented in multiple units
- Thousand Sons (again) - professionally painted to a beautiful standard! This army I was sad to see go, but it ended up paying for a lot of my medical bills when I got sick.
- Da Good Ole Boyz - Orks built around Big Meks, Killa Kans, and Deff Dreads. All vehicles are scratch-built and most of the Boyz are customized AoBR. Still have it because I don't want to get rid of it, but it's not painted.
- Ultramarines - was working on this army when I got sick, had to sell it. What was finished was really well painted (best I've done), with two Rhinos w/ opening doors and LED lights.
- Black Dragons (loved the idea of the bony protrusions)
- Monks of Terra - another custom Space Marine chapter, blue armor/yellow cloth - models were all the robed Dark Angels models.
- Dragon Knights - orange/blue based on Salamanders, I custom cast front panels/doors for Rhinos, shoulder pads for Marines. Had two squads (Marines + Rhino) done before decided it was going to be too much work.
- Eldar Wraiths - started just before the codex came out (and the plastic Wraithguard). Magnetized Wraithlords and Wraithknights :)
- Dark Eldar - skimmer heavy with two planes - couldn't handle painting the small miniatures :(
- Blood Angels - almost completely a jump troop army, sold it when assault marines stopped being troops.
- Knights Panther- white/purple Space Marines based on Salamanders
- Salamanders (Space Hulk) - what's currently being done
- Imperial Knights - currently all still in the box, was going to build it, but got distracted by Salamanders :) I plan on magnetizing and lighting (with LEDs) all five knights eventually.

Somewhere in there I also had a Sisters of Battle army I was making for my wife. At some point, I've played every army in 40k (except the new Skitarii/AdMech), but keep coming back to Space Marines.

Tawa 02-29-16 02:11 PM

Welcome!