Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Project Logs (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/35-project-logs/)
-   -   Remnants of Mei-Kanas (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/project-logs/202018-remnants-mei-kanas.html)

Ring Master "Honka" 02-10-16 09:36 AM

Remnants of Mei-Kanas
 
Hi All

as much as i am enjoying my ork army every now and then my mind wanders to the eldar army i gave up on.

all sitting there unpainted, unloved and gathering dust.

so i have decided to paint them as a change of pace from painting orks.

i think i have a colour scheme i think im happy with but i wanted your guys opinion
here is mr tester guardian (i say tester guardian to explain the scetchy painting.)
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...psyp0yd5nh.jpg
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...pshjiezags.jpg

and yes that is the OLD style guardian my Eldar collection is old and includes metal and lead models alike.
His head changed colour about 4 times it was purple then white then settled on the ice blue

things i expect to do in this log

1: figure out an army name
2:post a list of current eldar units i own (none of which are painted... not well anyway)
3:take a walk down memory lane.

i wont be converting to much with these so will just be a painted Eldar Army(thats what orks are for)

let me know what you think of the colour scheme and please make suggestions of what might be good.

Moriouce 02-10-16 11:06 AM

Great to see you take on the Eldar! As for me the Eldar is all about painting and orks about converting. They complement eachother very well. Now for your test-scheme.

I'm not 100% sure about the pink on the armour. I think it would work better with only blue/purple. Instead keep the pink as a spot-colour and use it on cloths and maybe spiritstones. Also I'm not fond of guns with the same scheme as the armour, it blend together and hard to pick out. Try to have it all blue instead and have less blue on the acctual model. Maybe only helmet, shoulders and knees. The barrel on the Gun could be a metallic or bone.
The blue is though a very nice colour that will light up any battlefield they set their feet on.

Good luck!

alt-f4 02-10-16 12:04 PM

I like this scheme, probably because it's close to the one I use for my Slaaneshi Daemons (which is quite fluffy and funny for Eldars :biggrin: ).

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...51698/9218.png

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...51698/8714.png

the_barwn 02-10-16 01:42 PM

The pink is fine on your scheme its like a giant f**k you to Slaanesh :biggrin:

Battman 02-10-16 09:10 PM

Colour scheme looks good but that blue looks to need another coat to get it flat. Apart from that are you planning any haliquens? Some eldar clowns to go with the ork clowns?

Ring Master "Honka" 02-10-16 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriouce (Post 2296690)
Great to see you take on the Eldar! As for me the Eldar is all about painting and orks about converting. They complement eachother very well. Now for your test-scheme.

I'm not 100% sure about the pink on the armour. I think it would work better with only blue/purple. Instead keep the pink as a spot-colour and use it on cloths and maybe spiritstones. Also I'm not fond of guns with the same scheme as the armour, it blend together and hard to pick out. Try to have it all blue instead and have less blue on the acctual model. Maybe only helmet, shoulders and knees. The barrel on the Gun could be a metallic or bone.
The blue is though a very nice colour that will light up any battlefield they set their feet on.

Good luck!

yeah im feeling a bit more confident with my painting so lets ruin some eldar

I will Probably try another Couple with less / no pink see how it turns out. The pink was the bit i wasnt sure of so i might take another crack

Quote:

Originally Posted by alt-f4 (Post 2296706)
I like this scheme, probably because it's close to the one I use for my Slaaneshi Daemons (which is quite fluffy and funny for Eldars :biggrin: ).

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...51698/9218.png

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...51698/8714.png

ha ha oh yeah hadn't thought of that. those are some nice looking deamons


Quote:

Originally Posted by the_barwn (Post 2296730)
The pink is fine on your scheme its like a giant f**k you to Slaanesh :biggrin:

F**K YOU SLAANESH yeah i feel better




Quote:

Originally Posted by Battman (Post 2296922)
Colour scheme looks good but that blue looks to need another coat to get it flat. Apart from that are you planning any haliquens? Some eldar clowns to go with the ork clowns?

i will do another coat but i quite like the speckly blue seems like he has a frosty face

Harlequins would be good just to really blur the line.




Now i just found several boxes of eldar from many years ago. here is my first attempt at counting them
i bought a few models then bought a massive box of them off someone for 60 so im really not sure what there is

1X Farseer (metal)
2X Avatar of khaine (Both Metal)
30X Guardians (15XNew Plastic, 11x old all same stance, 4 metal)
16xRangers..scouts..(Metal)
6xWarlocks(Metal)
8XSwooping hawks(Metal)
2xSwooping Hawk exach (metal)
6XDire Avengers(Metal)
10xstriking scorpions(metal)
2xscorpion exachs(metal)
7xwarpspiders(metal)
2xspiderexach(uh metal)
6x Grav cannon crew and 2 grav cannon platforms(still metal)
5x Wriath guard(metal ... is that one lead?)
1xHarlequin death jester (wax.. just kidding its metal)
1xfuegan the burning lance(ahh god more metal)
1xeldar reaper missing his gun(Why metal there is so much)
1x wraith lord(made from super practical Metal)
1xWarwalker(God damn metal again)
3xGrav Tanks (1 i gave to grim and is now a dakka jet)
20xJet bikes(i think i dont know there are so many parts)
3/4x vipers(again there are just parts everywhere)

and a metric shit tonne of bits possibly full models i think more guardians are in there.

Guess how many of them are painted... NONE NOT A DAMN ONE IS PAINTED JUST BASED.

now i remember why i was put off doing this.

Moriouce 02-11-16 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ring Master "Honka" (Post 2297002)
yeah im feeling a bit more confident with my painting so lets ruin some eldar



I will Probably try another Couple with less / no pink see how it turns out. The pink was the bit i wasnt sure of so i might take another crack







ha ha oh yeah hadn't thought of that. those are some nice looking deamons







F**K YOU SLAANESH yeah i feel better











i will do another coat but i quite like the speckly blue seems like he has a frosty face



Harlequins would be good just to really blur the line.









Now i just found several boxes of eldar from many years ago. here is my first attempt at counting them

i bought a few models then bought a massive box of them off someone for 60 so im really not sure what there is



1X Farseer (metal)

2X Avatar of khaine (Both Metal)

30X Guardians (15XNew Plastic, 11x old all same stance, 4 metal)

16xRangers..scouts..(Metal)

6xWarlocks(Metal)

8XSwooping hawks(Metal)

2xSwooping Hawk exach (metal)

6XDire Avengers(Metal)

10xstriking scorpions(metal)

2xscorpion exachs(metal)

7xwarpspiders(metal)

2xspiderexach(uh metal)

6x Grav cannon crew and 2 grav cannon platforms(still metal)

5x Wriath guard(metal ... is that one lead?)

1xHarlequin death jester (wax.. just kidding its metal)

1xfuegan the burning lance(ahh god more metal)

1xeldar reaper missing his gun(Why metal there is so much)

1x wraith lord(made from super practical Metal)

1xWarwalker(God damn metal again)

3xGrav Tanks (1 i gave to grim and is now a dakka jet)

20xJet bikes(i think i dont know there are so many parts)

3/4x vipers(again there are just parts everywhere)



and a metric shit tonne of bits possibly full models i think more guardians are in there.



Guess how many of them are painted... NONE NOT A DAMN ONE IS PAINTED JUST BASED.



now i remember why i was put off doing this.


It's quite a bit. I would think over what you want from this army. How would you like to play it? Then sell some of it off to buy newer kits. Might easen up the motivation.

Battman 02-11-16 05:39 AM

Hmm so thats the effect for the minitures. Something different for sure, but up to you in the end.

Ring Master "Honka" 02-11-16 09:09 AM

i think im just going to work through them.

pick a squad and work on it that way.

will have to get a new eldar codex though i have 2nd and 3rd edition codex knocking about somewhere and i dont think they will do.

in honesty what do you think i need to correct army wise.
for the amount of special units i would expect there to be more guardians in my opinion but that might just be my ork brain talking.

Battman 02-11-16 09:36 AM

Eldar often have a lot of elite troops but in light of the newest codex better list probably take advantage of the more powerful units such as the jetbikes with heavy weapons or even some of the craziness in the form of "D" weapons. But apart from that i don't have much of an idea maybe check the eldar lists for ideas.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome