Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Deathfire - Best HH book in ages ***spoilers*** (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/197330-deathfire-best-hh-book-ages-%2A%2A%2Aspoilers%2A%2A%2A.html)

zerachiel76 11-05-15 07:08 PM

Deathfire - Best HH book in ages ***spoilers***

Wow wow wowsy wow.

After the recent dross released which haven't done anything for the story Deathfire comes right back with an excellent story which had me reading with glee until the very last page and the last page hit me right between the eyes in a way that only Fulgrim did before hand.

I was truly expecting the story to end on a cliffhanger with Numeon dying and nothing else happening but Vulkans return just made me "oh my god" out loud.

The battles throughout the novel are very well done and especially the ones at the end on Nocture itself.

I loved Thiel's Red Marked Ultramarines. I hope he/they get more air time and we get to see which if any Chapter he founds at the 2nd Founding.

The traitors are presented well too and the Death Guard get some much needed fleshing out and showing just how evil they are.

All in all we need more novels like this.

Angel of Blood 11-05-15 08:50 PM

I.........

Khorne's Fist 11-05-15 08:53 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way, but is this a serious thread, or are you being sarcastic?

Old Man78 11-05-15 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2246410)
Please don't take this the wrong way, but is this a serious thread, or are you being sarcastic?

Haha, I was wondering the same thing!

Angel of Blood 11-05-15 09:23 PM

It has to be.

zerachiel76 11-05-15 11:30 PM

No it isn't sarcastic, I genuinely loved it from start to finish.

ntaw 11-06-15 12:00 AM

I'm literally laughing at the reaction to this thread. In my head "finally, a positive sounding review of a HH novel!" then came the responses :laugh:

Brother Lucian 11-06-15 02:04 AM

You people are really getting bored with Black Library. I completely understand it.

Malus Darkblade 11-06-15 05:18 AM

Zerachiel pm me since we both think the same way about the book. I don't want haters to intrude in our fanboy discussion.

ntaw 11-06-15 05:28 AM

For the record, I am actually pretty stoked to see something positive about a HH book. I do love my 30/40k, regardless of whether each book is a NYT Bestseller or not. I also don't care about the chronology of events, so if I see a good review I'm more inclined to skip to that book.