Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Imperial Guard Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/136-imperial-guard-army-lists/)
-   -   1k Steel Host (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/imperial-guard-army-lists/197266-1k-steel-host.html)

HokieHWT 11-04-15 10:20 PM

1k Steel Host

I've moved back to my hometown, getting away from the big city, once again. Here we go!

Steel Host HQ
Pask Punisher, Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Punisher

Squad 1: Executioner
Squad 2: Eradicator
Squad 3: Demolisher
Hydra

Vets Squad 1: Autocannon, Grenade Launcher
Vets Squad 2: Autcannon, 2 Plasma

1K on the dot. C&C welcome!

Always enjoy hearing from @ntaw @MidnightSun @Iraqiel , especially :)

ntaw 11-04-15 11:16 PM

How do you add Vets to the Formation, or are you playing Unbound with this list?

HokieHWT 11-04-15 11:41 PM

The whole list is bound, I think.

Tank Commander with squad
2 troops
3 Heavy Support

ntaw 11-04-15 11:45 PM

OH MAN. I totally thought you were using the Steel Host formation because of the name and the 'Steel Host HQ' and such. So this is a Combined Arms Detachment then and has nothing to do with the formation?

HokieHWT 11-04-15 11:49 PM

@ntaw Can't it be both? It's the Steel Host Formation, which can be used in a CAMS, correct? I want to be bound and use the formation rule of Preferred Enemy. Am I missing something?

ntaw 11-05-15 12:02 AM

Units cannot belong to multiple formations/detachments. Can't cite because I'm across the country on vacay.

HokieHWT 11-05-15 12:08 AM

Steel Host HQ
Pask Punisher, Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Punisher

Squad 1: Executioner
Squad 2: Eradicator
Squad 3: Demolisher
Hydra

Coteaz

How about that? Drop the vets add Coteaz, make him the warlord. Can he give blessings to the tanks, like ignore cover?

ntaw 11-05-15 12:14 AM

I think so, but he'll get pegged off mighty quick since he can't attach to vehicle squadrons.

christopher.dean 11-05-15 02:04 AM

From the OP, you can run it as CAD but won't get the PE bubble effect. But pask himself does have PE. Plasmacutioners love PE though. In that instance I'd probably trade out the Punisher for the Exe since the PE benefits the whole unit and tank orders can let them split their fire.

Iraqiel 11-05-15 08:31 AM

Yeah sorry man, @ntaw and @christopher.dean are right.

Unbound may be a problem for your meta, but the CAD way of running that would be fine though you'd lose the preferred enemy, or drop the special and heavy weapons from the squads, throw in a L1 Psyker inquisitor for divination and use one squad to hide on objectives in cover and the other to protect your psyker as he sends the tanks into beast mode.

Your second one looks nice too, Coteaz will be a major target but if you play with enough LOS blocking terrain and un-ruined buildings/bunkers, maybe that won't be a problem?

What about running Pask without HB and bringing a Vindicare Assassin instead of Coteaz?