Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Alpha Legion paint scheme? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/196434-alpha-legion-paint-scheme.html)

Eleaxus 10-22-15 09:24 AM

Alpha Legion paint scheme?

Hello everyone, I am preparing to start a Alpha Legion force.

My question is in regards to their "colors" or paint scheme if we were to be true to the fluff.

I remember originally seeing the AL in a dark blue (very dark) mixed in with light green/neon and or purple marks.

However, I am not quite fond of this look and much more agree with what the FW models are currently painted as (their default product pics). They appear as a faded teal or even sea green, but different from the sons of horus (I am not sure what colors these exactly are in terms of paint, so if you know)

Also, is it likely this new scheme will be the "proper" look going forward with AL fluff and tabletop minis?

Battman 10-22-15 10:14 AM

Well first thought would be depending on what the alpha legion are fighting, other legions might result in altered paint schemes such as ultramarines and whatnot.

Apart from that I've always liked the teal green/ mable blue/green color scheme that some of the ones I've seen if your after for advice for paints currently thinking screamer pink and one of the lighter greens might result in that marble color, not too sure of a ratio to get it to look good proably someone else might have some advice.

Thats all i got

Loli 10-22-15 04:22 PM

If its the FW scheme you like and are after, just email them, they are damned helpful when it comes to stuff like that, I asked after their Iron Hands scheme and ended up with a complete breakdown of not just the IHs scheme and how they did it but for Ferrus Manus too.

Tezdal 11-30-15 02:13 AM

I've always liked the older dark blue scheme from the 3.5 dex.

Squire 12-01-15 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tezdal (Post 2257778)
I've always liked the older dark blue scheme from the 3.5 dex.

Yea me too. In the picture I think you're referring to they're so dark blue they look almost black, I love it

The only blue that looked good when I was testing schemes out was more of a Night Lords dark blue, but with silver trims, no reds or bronze colours and all of the AL bits you can get from FW they definitely look more like Alpha Legion