Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   "Horror" movies (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/196290-horror-movies.html)

ntaw 10-20-15 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2236802)
What's the point of that?

Maybe he or another reader does end up watching one of the movies mentioned or reading some contrasting opinions and having an opinion change (like how I watch horror movies for the lol's instead of the scares which are pretty much non-existent).

What's the point of calling people out on pointless content with more pointless content in a sub-forum about pointless content?

Khorne's Fist 10-20-15 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 2236850)
So, your angst boils down to "I don't like what you've posted and decided that this is my new axe to grind."
Ok.

No, it boils down to you basically asking a question and then telling people you're not that interested in their answers. Seems somewhat self indulgent.

Jace of Ultramar 10-20-15 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2236946)
No, it boils down to you basically asking a question and then telling people you're not that interested in their answers. Seems somewhat self indulgent.

So, basically, your point is still "I don't like what you've posted and decided that this is my new axe to grind."

Khorne's Fist 10-20-15 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 2236954)
So, basically, your point is still "I don't like what you've posted and decided that this is my new axe to grind."

If you can't see the inherent insult in asking a question while saying you don't care for the answer, then yeah, that's my point.

Jace of Ultramar 10-20-15 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2236962)
If you can't see the inherent insult in asking a question while saying you don't care for the answer, then yeah, that's my point.

Dude, I asked the question and provided the provision that I may not watch any of these films. Anyone choosing to provide input that includes recommended films knew this with the first post.
I've not written off the genre as you have previously stated, but, I'm also not excited by the genre as a whole.
Furthermore, I don't know if you're trying to Troll here or if you're someone who can't help but respond due to compulsion, but, there are several pointless threads on this site as well as others. Usually, the best thing to do is just move on to the next one in the line and see if you like it better. Give it up, it's not worth your time and effort.

Moriouce 10-21-15 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 2236978)
Dude, I asked the question and provided the provision that I may not watch any of these films. Anyone choosing to provide input that includes recommended films knew this with the first post.

I've not written off the genre as you have previously stated, but, I'm also not excited by the genre as a whole.

Furthermore, I don't know if you're trying to Troll here or if you're someone who can't help but respond due to compulsion, but, there are several pointless threads on this site as well as others. Usually, the best thing to do is just move on to the next one in the line and see if you like it better. Give it up, it's not worth your time and effort.

As I red the OP. You've never seen a horrormovie cause you don't care for the genre. But after the reaction from your friends you let yourself see one which they recomended and it was shit. It confirmed what you believed. But you are still curious and therefor this thread. You gotten some tips on Horrormovies that ain't totaly shit but also much more confirmation that the majority of Horrormovies are shit. So no problems from my point of view. Horrormovies are most likely shit and it is totaly fine if you don't Watch any of those that have been mentioned here.

Jace of Ultramar 10-21-15 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriouce (Post 2237042)
As I red the OP. You've never seen a horrormovie cause you don't care for the genre. But after the reaction from your friends you let yourself see one which they recomended and it was shit. It confirmed what you believed. But you are still curious and therefor this thread. You gotten some tips on Horrormovies that ain't totaly shit but also much more confirmation that the majority of Horrormovies are shit. So no problems from my point of view. Horrormovies are most likely shit and it is totaly fine if you don't Watch any of those that have been mentioned here.

Well, I've never seen the "Horror" movies that were brought up in conversation with friends. But, apparently things I've considered to be more Sci-Fi or Sci-Fantasy fell under the Horror genre even though I never saw them that way.

Such as:
Event Horizon
The Evil Dead movies
28 Days/Weeks Later
Alien/Aliens
The Thing
The Hitcher
Silence of the Lambs

I haven't seen Pandorum, Cube/Hypercube, Wolf Creek, Cabin in the Woods, any SAW film nor It. Pandorum may end up on my list to watch, I saw it has Dennis Quaid in it and he usually has involvement in decent films. It, may end up on my viewing list, depending on the length, which I believe I've had someone tell me previously that It was on TV originally and is 5 or 6 hours long, could be they were talking about The Stand, I don't really remember. As for the others, I may watch them, especially if Cabin in the Woods is a parody. Wolf Creek, never heard of it. Cube/Hypercube, sounds interesting from a previous description of it. SAW, honestly, I'm probably not going to bother with this since I know it's simply hack, slash, guts and puzzles made to kill people who don't survive them.

ntaw 10-21-15 02:43 PM

Pandorum is just a little old movie, bank on ~2 hours.

Here's the trailer I think. Posting this from my phone.

Moriouce 10-21-15 03:59 PM

When it comes to alien/aliens I consider 1&3 sci-fi horror and 2/4 sci-fi action.

Jace of Ultramar 10-21-15 08:49 PM

Actually, I think those should be rated as:

Alien: Horror
Aliens: Action
Alien 3: Drama
Alien Resurrection: Comedy