Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Chaos Undivided.... How? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/196194-chaos-undivided-how.html)

Newbie-202 10-17-15 10:42 AM

Chaos Undivided.... How?
 
It was my understanding that you could only worship one of the four Gods without getting torn apart by the resulting conflict, between the two or more Gods over who got you as their champion. Making worship of even non-opposing Gods like Khorne and Nurgle impossible.

Yet, I just recently learned about Chaos Undivided, who somehow managed to worship all four Gods and survive. Can I ask how?

Do the Gods just say, ''Ok, guys, this dudes worshipping all of us and he's a pretty big badass, should we just call it equal ownership?''

Oh, and to those who have been watching the RP section lately: Yes, this is basically a question of if that character could survive with the choices he's made.

Brother Lucian 10-17-15 10:53 AM

Chaos undivided followers, often tends to be the ones capable of uniting the fractitious lot for a short time. Archaon Everchosen or Horus.

neferhet 10-17-15 11:26 AM

in the old fluff, you could worship the whole pantheon without committing too much to any of the four or you could just sell your soul to one and consacrate your life to him. Up to the 3rd codex, the undivided crew was the most numerous ,organized and mentally stable. Then, with 5th edition, you basically HAD to choose a god and chaos undivided was almost obliterated from the records.

Newbie-202 10-17-15 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neferhet (Post 2234946)
in the old fluff, you could worship the whole pantheon without committing too much to any of the four or you could just sell your soul to one and consacrate your life to him. Up to the 3rd codex, the undivided crew was the most numerous ,organized and mentally stable. Then, with 5th edition, you basically HAD to choose a god and chaos undivided was almost obliterated from the records.

But not fully? Implying you can still manage to worship all four Gods?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Lucian (Post 2234938)
Chaos undivided followers, often tends to be the ones capable of uniting the fractitious lot for a short time. Archaon Everchosen or Horus.

From the stuff I read I'd already gathered this, but my question wasn't so much as, ''what do they do'' more of, ''how do they do it?''

Brother Lucian 10-17-15 12:42 PM

I suggest looking at the Word Bearers, with their zealous dedication to the whole chaotic pantheon. They frown heavilly on anyone declaring just for a single god. Lorgar always seemed very warp-as-whole oriented. Same for Erebus and Kor Phaeron.

darkreever 10-17-15 01:29 PM

Keep in mind that chaos undivided can also mean not dedicating yourself to any of the gods.

neferhet 10-17-15 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkreever (Post 2235106)
Keep in mind that chaos undivided can also mean not dedicating yourself to any of the gods.

as per the new fluff i think undivided is just absence of dedication

zerachiel76 11-14-15 06:36 PM

Similar thing with Perturabo who somehow managed to convince all 4 gods to make him a daemon prince on the back of sacrificing a few hundred Imperial Fist geneseed. The source for this is Index Astartes I which I know isn't that current but since it's not been retconned yet it's still the most up to date info on how Perty managed to ascend.

neferhet 11-16-15 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerachiel76 (Post 2251754)
Similar thing with Perturabo who somehow managed to convince all 4 gods to make him a daemon prince on the back of sacrificing a few hundred Imperial Fist geneseed. The source for this is Index Astartes I which I know isn't that current but since it's not been retconned yet it's still the most up to date info on how Perty managed to ascend.

The Gods had some hot deals back then. Good times.

Mossy Toes 11-17-15 05:09 AM

I prefer to think of it as dancing on the head of a needle: you might fall off in any of the 4 cardinal directions (aka into worship of one of the 4 chaos gods at any time) and there's a very real danger of slipping and impaling yourself on this precarious perch, but in the mean while...

Well, you're living for all you're worth.

There are more traitor legions that are generally Undivided than there are devoted to chaos gods (though worshippers of Chaos, much less CSM in general, are by no means solely made up of the 9 original traitor legions)--4 legions devoted to individual gods vs 5 that worship "general... chaosiness."


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:25 AM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome