Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   What Actors for what Primarchs? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/194474-what-actors-what-primarchs.html)

DelvarusThePitFighter 09-11-15 05:58 PM

What Actors for what Primarchs?

I know this is something that is tossed around a lot but its actually quite a cool idea, I think that;

Angron - Jason Momoa OR Ray Winston
Lorgar - Ralph Fiennes
Jaghatai Khan - Tadanobu Asano
Leman Russ - Vladimir Kulich
Sanguinius - Orlando Bloom
Roboute Guilliman - Aaron Eckhart
Rogal Dorn - Steven Lang
Vulkan - Idris Elba
Fulgrim - Jason Isaacs
Lion el Johnson - Chris Hemsworth
Konrad Curze - Havier Bardem
Corax - Jake Gyllenhaal
Perturabo - Joequin Phoenix
Ferrus Manuus - Liev Schreiber
Motarion - Mark Strong
Magnus - Mark Ruffalo
Horus - Nicholas Cage - Haha just kiddin, Vin Diesel

So, what do you think? And what of the other main HH characters? Please leave comments I'd love to know what you think.

ntaw 09-11-15 10:49 PM

What, no Bruce Campbell or Kurt Russel?

Jeeze man.

Kreuger 09-12-15 07:13 AM

Hmm, I think Roboute might be better as Colm Feore. I can't see Ruffalo as Magnus, but I have trouble envisioning anyone.

And Horus . . . Who looks right bald and is big and scary enough?

I think Ron Pearlman should be on this list somewhere.

Squire 09-13-15 12:50 PM

When I've read HH books I've always found it easier to picture space marines and primarchs using big guys like heavyweight boxers and wrestlers. Probably because of them already having thick necks so it's not so hard to imagine them in power armour

Not much point listing who represented specific primarchs because I usually disregard what the books describe primarchs looking like in favour of what comes to mind, but an example would be The Undertaker as Mortarion and Wladimir Klitschko as Guilliman. Sounds silly but in my head it fits :biggrin:

DelvarusThePitFighter 09-20-15 10:45 PM

but Wrestlers and Boxers - lets face nearly always make god awful actors.

ntaw 09-20-15 10:54 PM

They can't act any worse than some of the HH books are written and physically they fit the part :laugh:

Lets face it, if a live action 30/40k movie came out it wouldn't really matter who was in it over how much money was spent. Graphics carry any action movie to greatness; plot and acting can almost be ignored. Mad Max: Fury Road is a perfect example of this.

DelvarusThePitFighter 09-21-15 12:15 PM

but the Primarchs. They're incredibly individual and complex characters! Imagine Vladimir Klitschko or mariuz pudzianowski trying to explain ANYTHING HH related - now imagine Ralph Fiennes trying to 'save' Ray Winston - it'd be great, also as you say graphics would carry a film like this - so just bulk out the actors rather than use real - life body builders! P.S. please dont tell Klitshko or Pudzianowski I said this - Im sure they're fantastic actors really (nervous laughter)

Squire 09-21-15 02:48 PM

Don't get me wrong, I know it would it would be an awful idea to actually cast wrestlers and combat sport guys in films as primarchs, it's just that they more easily come to mind for me when I'm reading HH books and need faces for the characters. Probably because they're (usually) big and (usually) look tough already. It's not too much of a stretch for me to picture Mike Tyson as Angron

Actually my first post in this thread should have been Dolph Lundgren as Rogal Dorn. A genuine actor and hardman.

ntaw 09-21-15 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DelvarusThePitFighter (Post 2220666)
They're incredibly individual and complex characters!

So you want a drama, not an action movie? :grin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DelvarusThePitFighter (Post 2220666)
also as you say graphics would carry a film like this - so just bulk out the actors rather than use real - life body builders!

300 looked terrible because of this in my opinion, and just take a look at the depth of character shown by Arnold Shwartdnsjkaweewgger (sp? :laugh:) in Predator. Couldn't you just feeeeel how much he cared about his squad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreuger (Post 2215242)
Who looks right bald and is big and scary enough?

Stone Cold Steve Austin? :biggrin:

I can't even try to take this seriously. The cast of the Expendables movies should basically be put into this as far as I'm concerned.

DaisyDuke 09-21-15 03:48 PM

When you put it like that
As long as Stalone got to play the emperor he would totally make that film.