Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/16-40k-army-lists/)
-   -   Against the Swarm 2vs1 3500pts (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-army-lists/191970-against-swarm-2vs1-3500pts.html)

Moriouce 07-28-15 03:51 PM

Against the Swarm 2vs1 3500pts

Here is a List I'm thinking of bringing to a friendly game. 3500pts Eldar and Marines vs Tyranids.

CAD
HQ
Farseer skyrunner with spiritstone of Anath'lan

Farseer with spear

Troops
15 guardians with EML and warlock with Spear

6 Windriders and warlock skyrunner with spear

3 Windriders with three shincannons

Heavy

2 Fire Prisms with Spiritstones

Formation Detatchment
Aspect Host +1BS

10 Dire Avengers exarch with shimmershield and PW
Wave Serpent with TL EML, shincannon and Holo-Field

10 Dire Avengers exarch with Diresword
Wave Serpent with TL Starcannon, shincannon and Holo-Field

5 Dark reapers with Starshot Missles, exarch with EML

1750 pts
@Meldon post a list of the remaining 1750pts that complements this list. Lets stop this tendril in it's track!

Meldon 07-28-15 04:01 PM

You want me to plan things now..? I thought you knew I dont do that ;)
I will look into things and se what space mariny goodness I can bring against the bugs.. :)

neferhet 07-29-15 08:31 AM

Damn isn't maugan ra a costly bastard... i'd drop a 15 guardians and take something more fancy, like warp spiders or maybe (for fluff reason) sriking scorpions

Moriouce 07-29-15 10:52 AM

Don't have Warp spiders or scorpions. Maugen Ra is a wooping 195 points but he can dish out some serious firepower for one Guy. @neferhet

Meldon 07-29-15 05:51 PM

You went very shooty it seems, How about I bring the hammers and claws then..! :D

Moriouce 07-29-15 05:59 PM

Well shooty is what I have, and some pie plates of different sizes. Yeah, bring some hammers and claws and get more shooty! We might wither them down before they reach the hammers. @Meldon

Moriouce 07-30-15 12:52 PM

What do people think is the better options against nids? Maugen Ra or the Avatar? Equal points but one CC monster or a shooty monster? A third option would be a second farseer to give a better chance at Eldritch Storm at 4 WC, which I think would be a treat in this game. That would give some more points to random upgrades or a small seercouncil. @Sethis @neferhet @Meldon

neferhet 07-30-15 02:27 PM

I can't see why you would go toe-to-toe with tyranids in melee. Maugan will help you a lot.
A lone avatar in melee (basically unsupported, becuse you have nothing that can really help him in melee) can be tarpitted by 30 gants or exploded by a couple of zoantropes... also, you will be able to reach melee in turn 2 at the very best. Maugan can be protected by other shooters around him to give ablative wounds and will start reaping from turn 1.

Moriouce 08-02-15 09:17 AM

How does Shadow In the Warp function? Will it be difficult to use witchfire against the nids?

Drohar 08-02-15 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriouce (Post 2190354)
How does Shadow In the Warp function? Will it be difficult to use witchfire against the nids?

It's -3 Ld for a psyker within 12" from a model who has Shadow of the Warp special rule.
So no effect to Witchfire :) but they might have quite many psykers on the board for the Deny Witch rolls.