Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Plastic terrain AoS (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/191530-plastic-terrain-aos.html)

Charandris 07-19-15 01:01 AM

Plastic terrain AoS

213 Attachment(s)
There's new plastic terrain in today's white dwarf (77).
It's not showcased as such, but it's plain to see that there's two new kits in the photos.
One is large modular chaos fortress walls, adorned with daemonic faces and apikey stuff.
The other appears to be a large globe/planet like hollow orb, that I assume is to repdesent terrain within Sigmars citadel.
I pointed then out to my local store manager and he said 'shhh', and 'wait and see'.
Check it out yourselves, it's no plasticard studio terrain peices.

falcoso 07-19-15 11:09 AM

Its quite intersting as I was playing Triumph and Treachery yesterday and noticed that it contains the portal piece in several of the scenic images!!

Einherjar667 07-19-15 11:42 PM

The AoS terrain is really cool. I usually ignore terrain but this stuff is awesome, the rules are cool too.

March of Time 07-20-15 06:25 AM

Achaylus72 07-20-15 06:49 AM

Looks cool.

Charandris 07-20-15 09:50 AM

213 Attachment(s)
The only quibble I have with the terrain so far is the quality of the plastic used on the dragon gate thing. It's a lot heavier than the usual citadel plastic, and has a funny quality to it that's not got as sharp a finish.
Might just be the one that was sent to my local store, but it seems a cheaper plastic has been used.

Einherjar667 07-21-15 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charandris (Post 2183498)
The only quibble I have with the terrain so far is the quality of the plastic used on the dragon gate thing. It's a lot heavier than the usual citadel plastic, and has a funny quality to it that's not got as sharp a finish.
Might just be the one that was sent to my local store, but it seems a cheaper plastic has been used.

I think there were similar reviews when they came out with those craters a year or two ago :\

Charandris 07-22-15 02:10 PM

213 Attachment(s)
Shame really :/ if the khornate towers are ok I might grab some for a new display board.

bitsandkits 07-23-15 09:52 AM

Some of the terrain is produced outside of GW, the promethium relay pipes been the most recent.slightly different plastic and no sprues.
:EDIT: The AOS terrain is produced in China, its made using a different plastic.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!