Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/20-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Yo (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/new-member-introductions/191050-yo.html)

tyrsfang 07-10-15 10:12 AM

Yo

So, here;s the thing.

I have the WORST luck, but I enjoy the game.

Sure my lightning claw terminators shouldn't have been wiped out in close combat with tau stealth suits, and the DW DS mishap meant my game relied entirely on my 2 rhinos with 5 man squads and a dreadnaught. My tau can't shoot straight. my necrons are content to stay down. I had a stormraven with purifier squad that was shot down by a plasma pistol, a PISTOL, but 3 SW troops blew themselves up in the process. I've had games where my DE dark lances were taken out and then my opponent didn't leave their transports. I've been ran off the board, because my orks wouldn't rally. I've had a nemesis dreadknight turn into a herald of nurgle.

It's not all bad though, but that's not nearly as memorable or funny.

That's not the point.

It's a game, games are meant to be fun. sure you get WAAC and rules exploiters, but what game doesn't.

I'm in it for the fun, so let's have some.

Tawa 07-10-15 05:44 PM

Welcome to Heresy! :good:

morfangdakka 07-15-15 04:46 PM

welcome to the heresy

Haskanael 07-15-15 04:55 PM

welcome and please stay with that awesome attitude.

Quote:

I've had a nemesis dreadknight turn into a herald of nurgle.
and thanks for the laugh :laugh:

Tawa 07-15-15 09:49 PM

Yup.

Bad luck is something special here as well. The number of bloody blanks I rolled at an X-Wing ST the other week was embarrassing...... :laugh:

tyrsfang 07-16-15 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haskanael (Post 2180698)
welcome and please stay with that awesome attitude.

and thanks for the laugh :laugh:

It's better than, now this one isn't mine, a chaos lord killing Lysander in close combat, and then rolling chaos spawn on the boon table.

Tawa 07-16-15 09:50 PM

Now that would make you sick to the core! :laugh:

Kreuger 07-17-15 05:59 AM

Welcome!
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrsfang (Post 2177706)
So, here;s the thing.

I have the WORST luck, but I enjoy the game.
I'm in it for the fun, so let's have some.

That's an excellent attitude!

I used to game with a guy who seemed to be similarly cursed. His name was Mike. After a short while he was dubbed "unlucky Mike."

He was like the avatar of Murphy's law. If it could go wrong, it often did. If the dice could find a way to screw him, screw they would. It was amazing. And similarly he bore it with good humor.

My hat's off to you.