Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   What exactly is "Rangda"? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/189162-what-exactly-rangda.html)

Arcadian 06-10-15 03:47 AM

What exactly is "Rangda"?

Any speculations and conjectures regarding their ture indentity/nature of this enigmatic xenoform? Untimely-awakened Necrons slumbered in Halo Stars region or Proto-Tyranid hive fleets, perhaps?

It seems only known fact regarding them is they are extremely dangerous and noxious abominations come from outer darkness of galaxy and caused wanton destructions and horrible calamities without exception and Imperium persecuted at least three or more Xenocide Campaigns, but still cannot completely exterminated/expelled them from Imperium proper-also they incurred horrific casulaties from several of Astartes Legions during 'holding actions' against them, such as Dark Angels(50,000 perished; they saved entire northern Imperium from Rangda invasion through this sacrifice), Death Guard(suffered near-catastrophic loss required lengthy rebuilding period) and Salamanders(defended Halo Stars frontier from several intrusions and likewise suffered huge casulaties).

considered delete, but eventually choose to leave.

Stormxlr 06-10-15 06:38 PM

Tried to search around but not much info about them on the net. Hard to speculate really.
In which texts did you find the references to this xenos species?

Tawa 06-10-15 07:36 PM

There's a very brief mention on the page for Crysos of the Death Guard.

Arcadian 06-11-15 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 2153970)
There's a very brief mention on the page for Crysos of the Death Guard.

Nope. "Rangda" make appearance all of heresy books, without exception. They also mentioned several other pages of same book. But yes, their references prone to very brief, shallow and fragmentary. Always.

Stormxlr 06-11-15 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcadian (Post 2154338)
Nope. "Rangda" make appearance all of heresy books, without exception. They also mentioned several other pages of same book. But yes, their references prone to very brief, shallow and fragmentary. Always.

Reading Know No Fear, Rangda was not mentioned. Point disproved.

Arcadian 06-11-15 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormxlr (Post 2154354)
Reading Know No Fear, Rangda was not mentioned. Point disproved.

No. What I mean is Forge World heresy books. NOT Black Library heresy novels. Thus point is still valid.

Haskanael 06-11-15 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcadian (Post 2154386)
No. What I mean is Forge World heresy books. NOT Black Library heresy novels. Thus point is still valid.

might have wanted to be more specific as a novel is still a book. be it a short one.

LazyG 06-11-15 11:19 AM

Lux reborn?

Arcadian 06-11-15 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haskanael (Post 2154466)
might have wanted to be more specific as a novel is still a book. be it a short one.

I'm sorry. That is all my fault. I should have been more specific...

Arcadian 06-11-15 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyG (Post 2154586)
Lux reborn?

Who/What is Lux? Some sort of Xenos? But I had not ever heard Xenos bear name like Lux. Thus...notorious troll perhaps?