Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Chaos Marines Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/132-chaos-marines-army-lists/)
-   -   Doubles 1000pt Tournament (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/chaos-marines-army-lists/189106-doubles-1000pt-tournament.html)

whittsy 06-09-15 07:37 AM

Doubles 1000pt Tournament

So my local GW has a tournament up and coming, a doubles tournament! 1000 points a piece, any teams go.

My brother is keen to have a go in a tournament as I participated in a "Founding Chapters/ Successor Chapters" tournament not too long ago, and had a poor experience when I took my fluffy World Eaters army and got smoked (and belittled by a cocky fuckhead DA player) and my brother wants to "defend my honour" lol.

Anyway, I believe the lists must be Battle Forged, so I've made a daemonkin force to go with a Space Marine (Smurf) army. Note - my brother has not yet made a force as the new SM dex is due this Saturday

HQ

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage: Warp Forged Armour, Great Axe of Khorne and all the goodies one comes with - 275

Troops

Cultists x10 (x2): Autopistols, CCWs - 70 (x2) - 140

Fast

Helldrake: Baleflamer - 170

Heavy

Soulgrinder: Phlegm Bombardment, Warpsword - 190

Defiler: Battle Cannon, Power Scourge, 3x Powerfists - 225

Coming in at a tidy 1000 points.

The idea is to have cultists sit pretty on objectives / become Blood Tithe points to make a new Bthister. Soulgrinder is for AA or taking out blobs of marines/ hordes, same with Defiler, but with more CC options. Both will probably be used together. The drake is for support and taking out flyers with vector strikes and taking out any problematic hunkered down squads, as for the Bad Boy at the top, used as needed.

Comments and critisism welcome of course.

whittsy 06-14-15 09:55 AM

I tweaked my list and my brother brought his new SM codex army to the table, we played eachother. TO test our strengths and weaknesses. Once that was done, we played our mates, Orks and Eldar, 1000pts a piece. We lost 3-2.

Unfortunately Maulerfiends aren't that great against 15 Boyz, sure, only the Nob could wound with his powerfist, but that was 1 wound getting through every few phases and only killing 1-2 boyz a turn. The bloodthirster did 15 wounds to his Warboss, etc etc. My brother and I have decided to make 2 armies of the same faction now.

So we're doing 2 1k SM armies, 2 1k KDK armies, Nids, Daemons and CSM respectively and decide what would work best. Any hints on what would work best and what to take would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Heretics!