Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Ork Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/138-ork-army-lists/)
-   -   Ork 1500 - Expanding to 1750 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/ork-army-lists/188914-ork-1500-expanding-1750-a.html)

War Rig 06-06-15 05:32 AM

Ork 1500 - Expanding to 1750

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to get some advice from the bigger n' badder among you on my current 1500 point Ork list and what you'd do to expand it 1750. Here's the list I'm building towards at the moment:

HQ:
Warboss - Warbike, Lucky Stikk, Bosspole, Power Klaw, Ammo Runt
Painboy - Warbike, Grot Orderly

Elites:
7x Tankbustas - Nob w/PK & BP, 2x Bomb Squigs - 116pts
7x Tankbustas - Nob w/PK & BP, 2x Bomb Squigs - 116pts

Troops:
12x 'Ard Boyz - Nob w/PK & BP, Trukk w/Ram & Boarding Plank - 210pts

Fast Attack:
4x Deffkoptas - 4x Twin-Linked Rokkits - 120pts
15x Stormboyz - Nob w/PK & BP - 175pts

Heavy Support:
2x Gun Wagons - 2x Rams - 130pts

Total: 1500pts

As far as strategy the Deffkoptas, Warboss, and Painboy all roll together benefiting from 3++ jink on turbo boost, FnP, scout, and hit & run. Tankbustas go in the gun wagons (which should hopefully get them where they need to go to do their thing).

For expanding to 1750 I was thinking about adding a couple Big Trakks with Supa Kannons on them for long range pain, plus they keep with the mobile theme I've got going. I am open to ideas, and I would love to convert a Gorkanaut from a knight titan, but I hear they aren't that great. Thanks again!

morfangdakka 06-06-15 05:03 PM

The big trakks with supa kannons would be awesome but I think the thing you may want to consider would be some warbikes to ride with your warboss and your painboy so that when they get into combat you have a solid punch and the regular warbikerrs can die while the boss fights on. Deffkoptas aren't very good in CC at least that is my experience with them. I would also consider one more unit of tankbustas because more rokkits are better.

Gorknauts are cool and fun in casual play but from what I have seen and heard they preform poorly in tournament play and suck up a lot of points for only transporting 6 guys. If you do the conversion that will be cool but I would use it as a knight they are much better.

War Rig 06-06-15 06:52 PM

Thanks Morfangdakka! I was thinking that as well since Warbikers also have Sluggas and Choppas and provide a good wound sponge for the Warboss and pain boy.

With running the Knight would you say to just tweak the rules so it uses Ork ballistic skill and weapons like the kill kannon/big shoota/etc. ?

War Rig 06-06-15 07:42 PM

Gotcha, thanks for the tip on the bikes, makes more sense since they are pretty much a dedicated CC unit (and the range would be the same for all their guns).

As far as the knight goes, would you say just to ally it in or use Ork-ified rules (i.e. killkannon, 2x big shoota, etc.)?

morfangdakka 06-07-15 03:47 PM

No problem the warbike blob seems to be the way to go and a lot of people are taking Snak "da rippa" from forge world Imperial Armor 8 because he makes bikers troops. Dakka guns on the bikes are also good at taking flying creatures as well so them plus the tank bustas would make flyers fear you. So bikers are more a flexible well rounded unit.

Everyone I know that uses one just Allie's them in because the Knight has way better stats than ork stuff.

War Rig 06-08-15 01:16 AM

Alrighty, so here's the eventual 2,000 point final plan. Let me know what you think!

HQ:
• Warboss - Warbike, Lucky Stikk, Bosspole, Power Klaw, Ammo Runt - 143pts
• Painboy - Warbike - 75pts

Elites:
• 7x Tankbustas - Nob w/PK & BP, 2x Bomb Squigs - 116pts
• 7x Tankbustas - Nob w/PK & BP, 2x Bomb Squigs - 116pts

Troops:
• 12x 'Ard Boyz - Nob w/PK & BP, Trukk w/Ram & Boarding Plank - 210pts

Fast Attack:
• 5x Warbikers - 90pts
• 15x Stormboyz - Nob w/PK & BP - 175pts

Heavy Support:
• 2x Gun Wagons - 2x Rams, 2x Boarding Planks - 140pts
• Big Trakk - Supa Kannon, 'Ard Case - 130pts

Oathsworn Detachment:
• Knight Paladin - Thunderstrike Gauntlet - 385pts

Total: 2,000

I plan on modeling the Knight to have a giant Power Klaw that emulates Grukk's so I can use it as either the thunderstrike gauntlet or the reaper chainsword. Alternatively I could drop the Thunder Gauntlet, 2 Bomb Squigs, and the Boarding Planks from the Gun Wagons in order to give the Knight the IWND relic. Thoughts?

morfangdakka 06-10-15 10:07 PM

I don't know much about Knights so really can't help you there. The orks look pretty solid though so that should give you a good foundation to bash thing up pretty good.

War Rig 06-13-15 06:08 AM

cool, thanks for the advice man. I'm pretty appy with the list. Now to start building...

morfangdakka 06-13-15 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Rig (Post 2155930)
cool, thanks for the advice man. I'm pretty appy with the list. Now to start building...

Very coo make sure to take some pics of your army as you build it and post them in the project log of this place. It is always good to see a waaagh in progress.

War Rig 06-13-15 02:00 PM

Will do man!