Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   The UK GW Site is getting Updated! (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/18751-uk-gw-site-getting-updated.html)

Riandro 10-04-08 09:02 PM

The UK GW Site is getting Updated!

just got news from my newsletter!

A NEW WEBSITE APPROACHES

Over the last few weeks and months, rumours have spread that we have been developing a brand new website. Coupled with the recent facelift of the US website and the inescapable decline of content appearing on the UK site, it won't be at all surprising when we say that the rumours are true!

It's taken us well over two years of planning and development, but we can now, at last, officially announce that very shortly we will be launching the brand new, state of the art website that should run faster, smoother and be even easier to peruse through.

NEW CONTENT

You'll be delighted to hear that a vast back catalogue of Hobby Articles will also be present on the new site including articles for Mordor, Dark Elves and, most requested of all, Chaos Daemons/Daemons of Chaos!

Perhaps the most eagerly anticipated of articles, however, have been the coverage for this year's Games Day & Golden Demon. Hobbyists (and Golden Demon winners) will be overjoyed to hear that these articles and others await them on the new site from the moment it's launched.

EASIER SHOPPING

And it doesn't stop with updated hobby content. The site's catalogue of products has been overhauled making it easier than ever before to find the miniatures you're after. Each product has a number of different images you can view and even shows a selection of related products, helping you to plan your army (and future purchases) ahead.

so all i can say now is:
Fuck Yeah!

Daniel Harper 10-04-08 10:04 PM

That's fantastic news, thanks for the heads up. I never liked the current website and always thought of possible improvements. However with easier shopping, I'm worried for my bank account.

Druchii in Space 10-04-08 10:17 PM

Ah good news, looking forward to seeing it.

Are ye a WWE fan btw Riandro? Or was it just me that heard the Rock in his head when I saw the first bit of the thread title. :grin:

Lord_Murdock 10-05-08 12:26 AM

Finally! I was wondering when they'd update their site.

Seth the Dark 10-05-08 02:50 AM

I just hope it isn't as horrible as the US site is. There is next to no content and mostly various ways for a person to buy stuff.

BWLAF93 10-05-08 11:24 AM

Damn I wish they would do the Oz site. The "Sneak Peeks" section still has pictures of apocalypse!

Riandro 10-05-08 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druchii in Space (Post 201227)
Are ye a WWE fan btw Riandro? Or was it just me that heard the Rock in his head when I saw the first bit of the thread title. :grin:

funnily enough im a wwe fan :D and the rock was my 3rd favourate :D stone sold steve austin was my number 1 :) :biggrin:

Druchii in Space 10-05-08 04:46 PM

Ah coolies, I'm not going mad then. :crazy:

Oh and quickly so as not to detract from the thread, I think Rock is in my top 5, think my fave will always be Macho Man Randy Savage though. Oh Yeah!! :biggrin:

Sieg 10-05-08 05:54 PM

Yea!! I have been using the UK site any way because the US one is so bad. Great to here that it is getting an update tho cause that 1 wasnt that much better

Fluff'Ead 10-05-08 06:30 PM

Hope it's not going to be another expanded online shop.