Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/16-40k-army-lists/)
-   -   1850pt 'Competitive' Imperial Knights (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-army-lists/187346-1850pt-competitive-imperial-knights.html)

Minigiant 05-12-15 12:22 PM

1850pt 'Competitive' Imperial Knights

Hola Warhamigos

I managed to get my hands on the new Imperial Knights codex today :D and immediately fell in love with the book, i already loved the models so put them together and that can only mean, writing up a list. Now i have been away from 40k for a few months. I have missed the new Eldar books (inc. Harlequins), Skitarri. The last time i was playing was the first few months of the new Rulebook. Eldar were top dogs and Tau were scoring highly. Now i want to play Knights. I want them as competitive as possible with only one limitation. I will not include any allies

Lord of War – Knight Warden (Warlord): 375 Points

Lord of War – Knight Warden: 375 Points
Meltagun
Lord of War – Knight Gallant: 330 Points
Meltagun

Lord of War – Cerastus Knight-Castigator: 380 Points

Lord of War – Cerastus Knight-Castigator: 380 Points

What do you think?

neferhet 05-13-15 09:56 AM

Shame on you :biggrin:
This army will steamroll on everything...maybe you will find hard to win objecitve games VS fast and MSU armies, but thats it.
Also, hope never to face any eldar D weapons spam...
6 knights are as hard as it can be, tough honestly i'd drop one castigator and take some sort of ally (i know your "limitation", but you are already taking 6 knights...what's to limit anymore??): i am thinking about some scouting skitarii grunts or Raven guard marines or even marine bikers. Maybe an inquisitor with servo skulls and some retinue on chimeras??

Minigiant 05-13-15 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neferhet (Post 2132306)
Shame on you :biggrin:
This army will steamroll on everything...maybe you will find hard to win objecitve games VS fast and MSU armies, but thats it.
Also, hope never to face any eldar D weapons spam...
6 knights are as hard as it can be, tough honestly i'd drop one castigator and take some sort of ally (i know your "limitation", but you are already taking 6 knights...what's to limit anymore??): i am thinking about some scouting skitarii grunts or Raven guard marines or even marine bikers. Maybe an inquisitor with servo skulls and some retinue on chimeras??

I have 5 Knights :grin:

My 6 Knight list is at 2500 Points

P.S I have just updated the list further

neferhet 05-13-15 02:27 PM

With all those knights my eyes failed!
The rapid fire batcannon is a much needed addition to wash away enemy large units.
Same suggestions as before, though.

Minigiant 05-15-15 03:00 PM

Updated OP again, after having a nice discussion with a person from FW regarding clarification on a rule

Xabre 05-19-15 01:10 PM

I'd switch to the Baronial Court Formation. You could 3++ and overwatch? Yes please. The Gallant wouldn't benefit from it, but in 1850 I'd rather use 4 Crusaders.

Minigiant 05-25-15 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xabre (Post 2137458)
I'd switch to the Baronial Court Formation. You could 3++ and overwatch? Yes please. The Gallant wouldn't benefit from it, but in 1850 I'd rather use 4 Crusaders.

The Court is a very powerful combination indeed but as an All Knight army i cannot think of a reason to lose objective secured

Xabre 05-25-15 10:42 AM

For the same reason most armies give up ObjSec for their new formations? I understand that shifting a knight off an objective is fairly difficult, but at the same time, you can just as easily splatter all your opposition, especially if you're turtling behind 3++ and massive overwatch.

R_Squared 05-25-15 05:19 PM

I'd say that list is definitely "competitive". :laugh: