Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Fantasy Flight Games (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/322-fantasy-flight-games/)
-   -   The Might of the Empire: Raider Corvette. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/fantasy-flight-games/185713-might-empire-raider-corvette.html)

Tawa 04-24-15 04:34 PM

The Might of the Empire: Raider Corvette.

So this appeared on my fb newsfeed just now.

Clicky!

ntaw 04-24-15 09:58 PM

Nice. My girlfriend has been eyeballing this ship since it was first announced, can't wait for it to be released.

Fallen 04-24-15 10:48 PM

I want it!

ntaw 04-25-15 12:04 AM

Whoa, just noticed this:

Quote:

An Imperial pilot catches a YT-1300 in the Raider's sweet spot, where its firing zones overlap, allowing it to fire twice from its primary weapon and then three times from secondary weapons, for a total of seven energy and nineteen attack dice!
:shok:

Sethis 04-25-15 07:55 AM

It's impressive, until you think about how situational that actually is. The enemy has to be within a very narrow space, at exactly range 2, you need to have maxed out on your weapon upgrades, and you need 7 spare energy that you're not using in any other way that turn - for example to regen shields or for other upgrades or crew.

Even then, you're not rolling 19 attack dice all at once, you're doing it in batches, so a 3 agility ship rolls 15 green dice vs your 19, with any relevant defensive abilities activating each time.

Yes, the Raider has a crapton of firepower, and you'll suffer if you park next to it at point blank range with a low agility ship, but that's pretty much the same as every other ship in the game, really, isn't it? I mean, what would happen if you sat at R2 of 150pts of TIEs with a Falcon?

That said, I can't WAIT for mine to arrive. Must... crush... Rebel... Scum...

Tawa 04-25-15 01:57 PM

100pts basic before you start adding on toys :)

When the cash is free, I'll be purchasing this and the Tantive IV together :spiteful:

ntaw 04-25-15 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethis (Post 2115257)
all that good stuff

Well, yeah, but the point I was caught by was that it has the potential to attack 5 times in one turn regardless of whether it's at one ship in the sweet spot (which might end up happening more often to large base models than small ones, though I agree infrequently so long as maneuvers are made with sense).

The last two attacks from the Aft section, despite rolling 4 dice each, can only cause one damage a piece and add an Ion token....plus there's all that extra agility for range 4-5. That example is just to fluff consumers, like I said I'm just blown away by how many times it gets to roll dice.

Could 14 TIEs all even be in range of the same ship at R2 if they were flying in formation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 2115353)
When the cash is free, I'll be purchasing this and the Tantive IV together

Hells yes. Same on this end, we've decided that the first Epic game we play with big ships should be properly represented.

Still trying to fit in the Rebel Transport...

Tawa 04-25-15 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 2115361)
Still trying to fit in the Rebel Transport...

Bought and paid for! :laugh:

She's not been out of the box - for a game - yet though :cray:

ntaw 04-25-15 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 2115377)
She's not been out of the box - for a game - yet though

What a shame! She looks like quite the support ship. Plus on the hilarious occasion when you manage to drive right into one of your opponent's little bastard ships: see ya sucker!!

Tawa 04-25-15 02:30 PM

Yup, especially if you have Toryn Farr as a crew card.

Spend any amount of energy to pick that many enemy ships at range 1-2 to remove all Focus, Evade and Blue TL tokens from those ships :laugh: