Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Warmachine, Hordes & Other Privateer Press Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/225-warmachine-hordes-other-privateer-press-discussion/)
-   -   Mercenary xtra hands needed! (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/warmachine-hordes-other-privateer-press-discussion/184993-mercenary-xtra-hands-needed.html)

mrknify 04-14-15 10:16 AM

Mercenary xtra hands needed!

I have never played, I have wanted to and I have a "gang"
Having issues finding information online;

Here's the scoop.

Captain Bart
Nomad
6 Press gangers

To expand I would love to be able to add (not mix) a Khador warjack or some risen.

I know Captain Bart can work for Khador but the warjack choices are hard to find online.

What can you suggest?

Cheers

Tawa 04-14-15 02:03 PM

There's an online list builder here.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm still building a Merc force myself and haven't played yet, but this is my list if you were curious:

Bartolo Montador.
Dirty Meg.
10 Sea Dog Crew + 2 Sea Dog Riflemen.
1 Sea Dog Deck Gun.
2 Buccaneer Light WarJacks.

15pts :)

mrknify 04-14-15 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 2103737)
There's an online list builder here.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm still building a Merc force myself and haven't played yet, but this is my list if you were curious:

Bartolo Montador.
Dirty Meg.
10 Sea Dog Crew + 2 Sea Dog Riflemen.
1 Sea Dog Deck Gun.
2 Buccaneer Light WarJacks.

15pts :)

Cool, I just found out my press hangers are actually Sea Dogs.
Looks fairly similar to what I was thinking.

Do you hve the merc book, if so is it worth it?

Tawa 04-14-15 03:30 PM

Yeah, I have the merc book on my shelf.

You get a card for your unit in each box/blister etc, but the book is more than worth it for all the fluff and other good stuff :good:

mrknify 04-14-15 04:16 PM

Sweet. I will have to get it!

Tawa 04-14-15 04:39 PM

It's about 15 depending on where you pick it up from :)

mrknify 04-14-15 06:48 PM

40$ Canadian.

Tawa 04-14-15 07:11 PM

That's not too bad :)

mrknify 04-14-15 08:51 PM

McBain, definatly want him as a caster. Should fit my play style nicely.

mrknify 04-15-15 12:18 AM

I've got Drake MacBain, 10 Haliberders, and Dirty Meg on order. Someone up the road has a surfer of khador for sale(real cheap) but I need more merc jacks.

Now I have also fancied a hybred merc / khador army... but I want a merc caster with a khador solo jack marshall to add a khador jack, unfortunately all I can find is support for it working the other way.

By all means that sounds interesting... but could you imagine MacBain with Khador infantry? It would look great on the table.

Anyways more reading required.