Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Battle Reports (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/22-40k-battle-reports/)
-   -   BasementBatreps - Ultramarines Vs Tyranids | 1750 Pts | Purge the Alien (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-battle-reports/184681-basementbatreps-ultramarines-vs-tyranids-%7C-1750-pts-%7C-purge-alien.html)

tylertt 04-11-15 05:18 PM

BasementBatreps - Ultramarines Vs Tyranids | 1750 Pts | Purge the Alien

Hey everyone, got another battle in to share with you all.

My friend used my Tyranids while I played the Ultramarines.

It was a fun match with a few tense moments that swung the game back and forth.

Enjoy!

Tyranids Vs Ultramarines
1750 Pts
Purge the Alien

neferhet 04-11-15 06:43 PM

Nice batrep. The tyranid list however, was seriously underwhelming compared to the marines...

Mossy Toes 04-11-15 09:54 PM

This matchup seems like it would have favored the Nid player refusing the flank, staying out of 24" of the Centurions, and sweeping around the other side of that big central building to nom up the Ultramarine line--those Centurions were pretty locked down on the far corner of the board, up a couple of storeys. A few turns of them not being able to fire is a big hit to the Ultramarine side of things.

The lack of any Flyrants is also... irregular, for Nid lists, but good for a new player with access to a large collection (yours, Tyler, if I'm not very much mistaken) not immediately falling onto the stereotypical crutches of such an army and instead trying to learn the strengths and weaknesses for himself.

tylertt 04-14-15 12:45 AM

Yeah it was a very tight match. There were just a few turns where things really swung back into the Ultramarines side. My biggest worry was getting tied up by either unit of Raveners, or the Gargs moving so fast, so I tried to castle my cents in the corner and control that corner with my drop pods as mobile reinforcements.

Also yes it is my collection, and I really liked the list Gord went with. It was fun and honestly kind of troublesome to handle. Not having the dice on camera masked how the game went too. The first two turns were rough for me, but on the third and fourth turns my dice decided to come out hawwwt and take control of the game.

Definitely look for more of these batreps as I find the funner games are the ones with that sort of random out of the box list. I am expanding my Nid collection too, so hopefully I'll have some new things out soon enough.

Again, many many many thanks for watching and the feedback. We love discussing out matches!

neferhet 04-14-15 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylertt (Post 2103169)
Definitely look for more of these batreps as I find the funner games are the ones with that sort of random out of the box list.

really, agreed. sometimes an "highlander" kind of list is an hilarious businnes!