Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Chaos Question (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/18397-chaos-question.html)

fool injected 09-30-08 01:39 AM

Chaos Question

I just picked up a box of the new plastic terminators for chaos. They are some very nice plastics. I was disappointed in the amount of bitz that came in the box. 1 full sprue or 2 half sprues for $50 is a little disappointing.

I was hoping for lightning claws. That brings me to my question is where or how do you acquire lightning claws for chaos terminators?

Deneris 09-30-08 01:45 AM

Depends if you want Chaos LCs, or fairly generic LCs.

Chaos: The Plastic termie Lord has a nice set. You might be able to find multiple pairs on one of the Bitz sites.

Generic: The Loyalist Assault termie box comes with 5 sets of Claws. Should be easy to get that whole sprue...

The Son of Horus 09-30-08 01:46 AM

The Chaos Lord box or buying a box of Assault Terminators and chaos-ifying them. Those are basically the only options, unless you feel like sculpting bitz yourself.

DarKKKKK 09-30-08 01:50 AM

I was able to make 3 chaos terms with pairs of LCs, but thats only because my friend had extra from his SM Term Assault box set he recently bought. One thing you may really should have considered was the Doombringer Annihilation Force. That is 15 Chaos Terms and one Term Lord for just $90 while just 5 Chaos Terms is $50. I did that plus I already had 5 more from the Renegade Strike Force, so I have 20 Chaos Terms which will do for a long time for me. Really take advantage of these good box set deals while you can, they arent available forever.

fool injected 09-30-08 10:09 AM

THanks for the info guys. The Chaos doom bringer box set does sound like a good deal.

Critta 09-30-08 10:19 AM

I'm pretty sure that GW do a set of 5 lightning claws in their bitz service - try searching on the GW store.

Just checked they do but they'll probably need a bit of chaos-ifying :)

fool injected 09-30-08 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critta (Post 197447)
I'm pretty sure that GW do a set of 5 lightning claws in their bitz service - try searching on the GW store.

Just checked they do but they'll probably need a bit of chaos-ifying :)

That is a good idea. I looked under the Chaos bitz area. I can always "chaos" up the Imperial lighting claws.

Lord Reevan 09-30-08 10:35 AM

Why not use power fists with combat blades sticking out?? or replacing the fingers altogether?

asianavatar 09-30-08 01:25 PM

Some plasticard could be used to make power claws. Make them coming out of the end of knuckles wolverine style or from the finger tips like Cyber (anyone remember that character)

fool injected 09-30-08 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianavatar (Post 197562)
Some plasticard could be used to make power claws. Make them coming out of the end of knuckles wolverine style or from the finger tips like Cyber (anyone remember that character)

I am going to try the plasticard. If it doesn't work then I can always purchase from GW.