Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Where's the follow up to Dan Abnett's 'Pariah'? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/181858-wheres-follow-up-dan-abnetts-pariah.html)

Brother Subtle 03-07-15 04:26 AM

Where's the follow up to Dan Abnett's 'Pariah'?

Didn't Pariah come out in 2012? I was hoping to see the sequel by now.

What was it called? My copy is in storage and I know the last page of the book had the name of the sequel on it.

Vitarus 03-07-15 06:46 AM

I think Penitent.

Lord of the Night 03-07-15 06:55 AM

151 Attachment(s)
Penitent, it was meant to come out January 2014, roughly a little over a year later from Pariah's November 2012 release.

No idea what's happened to it.

LotN

Sev 03-07-15 09:18 AM

Penitent won't be released anytime soon. I don't remember where I read it, but I think Abnett wants to focus on finishing the next 2 Gaunt books and his HH Dark Angels book first.

Brother Subtle 03-07-15 10:11 AM

Using the wonders of the Google machine I was able to find a thread on Warseer where someone said its new due date is Nov 2015. Cited no source, so take that with a grain of salt I suppose.

Lord of the Night 03-07-15 10:23 AM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Subtle (Post 2060874)
Using the wonders of the Google machine I was able to find a thread on Warseer where someone said its new due date is Nov 2015. Cited no source, so take that with a grain of salt I suppose.

Bah. We should be reading the last book in the trilogy by now, or at least it should be on the horizon. Cherubael is not pleased little things, he is not pleased.

LotN

Vitarus 03-07-15 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Subtle (Post 2060874)

What is this wondrous thing called Google?

Tawa 03-07-15 01:12 PM

It is a great tool used in the ancient and noble art of Search-Fu.

The path to becoming a Google Master is a long and arduous journey. Many fall, and many more fail. But persevere my young apprentice, and one day, people may in turn address you as "Master" and seek to learn your mastery of Search-Fu......

Vitarus 03-07-15 04:15 PM

But I am afraid. Google seems too vast. If I Google Google, will it be as two mirrors facing each other, reflecting infinitely? Or will it be the sound of one hand clapping? How do I find the narrow path through such assaults on the soul?

Zion 03-07-15 06:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Such things will only be revealed if you continue your training young grasshopper.

Personally I kind of petered on the Eisenhorne trilogy. I'll get back to my Ravenor omnibus eventually but for now I'm reading other things (finished the Path of the Eldar trilogy, now reading the Mars trilogy).