Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Fantasy Flight Games (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/322-fantasy-flight-games/)
-   -   Why should you play X-Wing? Ask questions if you want! (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/fantasy-flight-games/179690-why-should-you-play-x-wing-ask-questions-if-you-want.html)

SwedeMarine 04-10-15 09:38 PM

So I managed to pick up 2 core sets and an advanced TIE this afternoon and after skimming through the rules im amazed at how simple the rules are.

What is considered stupid money for the falon and slave?

ntaw 04-10-15 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedeMarine (Post 2099217)

There's -tons- of them at my LGS for 28 CAD each. I'd wager anything north of $35 would be a waste.

Fallen 04-11-15 02:26 AM

Ya, my FLGS also just got restocked with them recently (Firespray and YT-1300), both of which are about $30 or so...or whatever.

----

Thats a great start @SwedeMarine , I think most people are happy with the game, as a quick to play game, I mean most 100 point games usually takes me roughly 60-90 minutes of play time. And I am one of those people who like to stop and BS for 10 minutes or so randomly during the game.

Tawa 04-12-15 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedeMarine (Post 2099217)
So I managed to pick up 2 core sets and an advanced TIE this afternoon and after skimming through the rules im amazed at how simple the rules are.

That's definitely a good start there, Swede.
My initial purchase was 2 core sets, a standard TIE, a TIE Advanced, an X-Wing and a Y-Wing. Had tons of fun with just that for a good while.

I'd certainly look at a 1300 or 2400 for the Rebels, but don't pay out more than 30 including postage for either of them.
I'd recommend using the Amazon Marketplace as you can sometimes pick up stuff new for next to nothing. The downside to that is that a lot of them don't combine postage costs so it's no use for "bulk" orders.....

Other than that, enjoy! :good:

Sethis 04-12-15 05:03 PM

The Aces box sets are excellent resources - two TIE Interceptors or a B-Wing and an A-Wing for Rebels, with loads of upgrades and stuff for 10 per ship or less.

If you're looking for strong in-game performance then Falcons, YT-2400s and Decimators have all been good recently, but also Scum and Villainy has thrown a spanner into the works and shaken the game up a lot with what is considered "good". A pair of IG-2000s (Aggressors) is solid, as are Firesprays.

Ultimately as you build up your collection, you'll probably end up getting one of everything sooner or later in order to access all the upgrade cards and pilots. To start with, buy what looks cool or fun, and work out how you like to play.

If you like synergy with multiple overlapping abilities, Rebels do that well. If you like agile, difficult to kill ships that work independently of each other, then Imperials are a better bet. If you fancy a combination of the two, Scum has aspects of both.