Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Harlequins, The Great Dance (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/178250-harlequins-great-dance.html)

iamtheeviltwin 01-23-15 04:59 PM

Harlequins, The Great Dance

Well, it finally looks like it is happening. I've got some money saved up for hobby and this will probably kill it off.

Masque incoming

Dedicated Solitaire figure...most likely means dedicated rules in the White Dwarf at the very least. With the rumored Bikes to come in the next weeks and a minidex or dataslate or whatever...This old gaming heart is thrilled.

/em Does Happy "Dance of Death"

R_Squared 01-23-15 05:51 PM

I don't collect Eldar, but I always had a soft spot for Harlequins ever since I first saw them in a WD way back when....
I would definitely pick up the new models, and probably start a small army using them. I'll be waiting with interest to see what this comes out as.

Loli 01-23-15 05:55 PM

After Harlies were taken from my Dark Eldar I was sad, I used them and loved them even though they weren't optimal choices.

This may destroy my Sisters fund but it will be worth it.

iamtheeviltwin 01-23-15 09:44 PM

Take it with some salt,

but here is a rumored rule list for the Solitaire

and

the rumored rules for the Troupe

IF these are close to accurate it looks like some nice Harlie wargear has made a reappearance like the Neuro Disruptor, Dances, and a dedicated transport.

Zion 01-24-15 03:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
From Faeit212:
Quote:

Regarding Harlequin Troupes:
Unit of harlequin troupes are 4 Players and a Troupe Master according to next week’s White Dwarf.
Wargear
Holosuit, shuriken pistol, close combat weapon, plasma grenades, flip belt
Special Rules
Fear, fleet, furious charge, and hit and run
Can include up to 7 additional Players
any model can take a fusion pistol or neuro disruptor 12″ S1 AP2 fleshbane
Upgrades are a harlequin’s embrace-S: user AP- melee embrace of death gives d3 hammer of wrath attacks at S6, harlequins kiss, and harlequins caress. Any model can upgrade
The Troupe Master can take one item from the Enigmas of the Black Library and can select a Starweaver as a dedicated transport.

Khorne's Fist 01-24-15 03:25 PM

Star Weaver... Interesting. I attempted to paint the old metal harlies for a mate way back when, but have up after a couple as I could never do them justice. It might be worth buying a box to see what I can do with them these days.

Zion 01-24-15 07:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Troupe Master (slight redesign of the old one it seems):
http://www.40kings.de/wp-content/upl...123-WA0004.jpg

Quote:

I bring other news. post from my source(translated in english). he posted a short Impression of Harlequin codex. "Caress(I don't know this is correct translation) : in roll 6 on to hit, ap2 auto wound or auto glancing. Embrace : S6 D3 Hammer of Wrath. Kiss : Change one of your attacks to s6 ap2, in roll 6 on to wound gains instant death. Neuro Disrupter : ap2 fleshbane pistol. Solitair : SO much horrible i can't explain......"
Not much else to go on until the WD starts to leak in a few days.

Jace of Ultramar 01-25-15 10:55 PM

Is this even a redesign? The look of it seems quite old.

Zion 01-26-15 03:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 2013786)

Is this even a redesign? The look of it seems quite old.

This is the current one:
http://www.games-workshop.com/resour...oupeNEW_03.jpg

So there are some differences we can see.

Moriouce 01-26-15 06:02 AM

It might just be a leg change. Possible if the new kit is a multipart-kit.

Zion 01-26-15 06:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
New one has ears too.

bitsandkits 01-26-15 08:50 AM

Hes slightly different, the main difference however isnt visible which is hes plastic and part of a multipart plastic kit, and without seeing the sprues we have no way of knowing how "different" he can actually be at this point.
from a aesthetic point of view he isnt much different but really shouldnt be, he looks like the previous troope master, because he is a troope master,if he looked like a penguin people would be up in arms,jes goodwin designed the two previous incarnations so no need to fuck with perfection.

Im quite moist about this release, im a massive eldar fan and seeing these chaps front and center again is a dream came true, there was a time many moons ago that these diamond covered chaps were all but a foot note,which was hard to swallow as i came to the game at a time when 12 of these guys could wipe out pretty much anything in opposition if they brought a land raider for fire support(which was perfectly acceptable in the 80s), seriously these guys used to eat pure strain genesteelers for breakfast back when people used the term purestrain and when using it meant something.

nostalgia aside, i think the fact GW are paying this much attention to Harlies hints at a change in the direction of GW,the current models in finecast are absolutely excellent, they really dont need a plastic revamp,but if the rumour of a codex and other plastic kits are true (including vehicles) then i have to say we really could be in for a lip smacking year of releases, maybe we will see sisters and admech this year?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Jace of Ultramar 01-26-15 11:37 AM

@Zion
I was only asking if it was new, as to me it looks like it could have been a pic from a much older mini. If that is an actual new model it looks, to me, that GW have sculpted it to resemble an older mini they may have produced in the 80's or 90's.

Zion 01-26-15 03:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)

iamtheeviltwin 01-26-15 05:37 PM

Just saw the video...30th is the official date.
http://www.iamtheeviltwin.com/public/snoop.gif

Zion 01-27-15 07:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Khorne's Fist 01-27-15 07:53 PM

The minis are nice sculpts, but the poses seem forced and awkward, like they were trying too hard to get the impression of movement. I really like the solitaire, but I think I prefer the older version with the blank, faceless mask. The Oni mask just doesn't seem right. His stats and rules though... Wow.

Zion 01-27-15 08:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2015594)
The minis are nice sculpts, but the poses seem forced and awkward, like they were trying too hard to get the impression of movement. I really like the solitaire, but I think I prefer the older version with the blank, faceless mask. The Oni mask just doesn't seem right. His stats and rules though... Wow.

I think the models will look better in person. That said, the Solitaire is one of those things that's growing on me more I look at it.

Loli 01-27-15 08:18 PM

Long story short, lots of my money will be spent.

Lord of the Night 01-27-15 09:20 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2015594)
His stats and rules though... Wow.

I know right. That thing's a fucking monster, a MEQ/TEQ killer if there ever was one. Screw the Talos Pain Engine, my Dark Eldar army NEEDS one of those badass mothers.

I have never cared for the pricing for Hero models, but i'll freakin' pay for that thing with a smile on my face.

LotN

bitsandkits 01-27-15 09:32 PM

Khorne's Fist 01-27-15 09:44 PM

Asamodai 01-27-15 10:28 PM

I've been a pretty staunch Imperial for a long time. Eldar have been calling to me recently. This is only making it more tempting. I really like the Solitare

Mossy Toes 01-27-15 11:38 PM

I may have to impulse-buy that Solitaire, and only then work out how I'm actually going to field it as a unit. Hmm... Herald of Slaanesh of some sort?

Bubblematrix 01-28-15 12:16 PM

Although I totally sold up I might just be tempted by these, though I would want to see what regular eldar toys they can take and what the new transport looks like

venomlust 01-28-15 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossy Toes (Post 2015946)
I may have to impulse-buy that Solitaire, and only then work out how I'm actually going to field it as a unit. Hmm... Herald of Slaanesh of some sort?

That is the only appropriate way to field that mini. A double dickslap to an Eldar opponent.

Bubblematrix 01-28-15 04:14 PM

He is of course the representation of Slaanesh so it would make sense as a herald, I thought the costume would have been a bit more theatrical personally

Routine 01-31-15 11:03 AM

Does anyone know how the rules and whatnot are going to be available? Is it a physical codex or just a digital one?

Bindi Baji 01-31-15 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine (Post 2020818)
Does anyone know how the rules and whatnot are going to be available? Is it a physical codex or just a digital one?

i'm guessing it'll be digital with a limited release physical one

iamtheeviltwin 02-02-15 05:58 PM

Ordered one of each (I have plenty of old Harlie Troupe models, but always want to encourage them to make more). Looking forward to next week which should include the transport/Vyper model and perhaps the updated command units.

Zion 02-02-15 06:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
From BoLS:

Quote:

Another picture reveals yet another Harlequin vehicle, and some Codex info emerges:

via imgur 2-2-2015

Harlequin vehicles picture
Two different vehicles seen in this pic. closer one is very venom-like, background vehicle is narrower.
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-co...428_300616.png
Then a bit on the codex said to be coming this week:

via gary’s bird 2-2-2015

source#1
I can confirm Harlequin jetbikes are coming in the next white dwarfThe bikes come in packs of 2, and are described as being well armored, really fast, and they have models on them with multiple weapon load outs. Also the price is the same as the Harlequin Troupe box.source#2
The codex will be Fridays pre release confirmed by a GW store manager the the other day.
Packs of 2 is a little odd, the Vypers and Jetbikes are both packs of three, although the price is about right if they are larger than the jetbikes, they would be the same price for two instead of 3.

Which ties into the earlier description of the kit:

via warseer 2-1-2015

Harlequin Star Weaver details:

ezec:
Had a quick glance yesterday at a scan from an upcoming dwarf, with the jetbikes (skyweavers). The profile was there but I couldn’t look at it, my source (gw) showed me the scan just to tease me… ;p

The bikes themselves are stunning, they look larger (actually longer) than the existing eldar / DE jetbikes. There are two riders on each : one driver and another harlequin standing at the back.

I didn’t have time to see much more, sorry… But from what I saw, they look splendid!

Hendarion:
…Starweaver was rumoured to have a heavy dual-build option – I’m still not convinced, but I do believe them to be separate kits.

Zion 02-02-15 06:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Skyweaver has been leaked:
http://i.imgur.com/VLaLeok.jpg

For the curious, we're still missing what the STARweaver looks like (which is their transport).

Asamodai 02-02-15 07:33 PM

Liking these Harlequin models more and more.

Moriouce 02-02-15 07:46 PM

Is that the Harlequins embrace the rider to the left holds?

Zion 02-02-15 07:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriouce (Post 2023642)
Is that the Harlequins embrace the rider to the left holds?

No, looks like a handle on the bike itself.

Moriouce 02-02-15 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zion (Post 2023650)
No, looks like a handle on the bike itself.

No it is not, the other is holding a sword in the very same hand. It is a weapon of some sort.

Zion 02-02-15 08:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moriouce (Post 2023658)
No it is not, the other is holding a sword in the very same hand. It is a weapon of some sort.

No idea what that is.

Khorne's Fist 02-02-15 08:11 PM

It looks like a three-pronged dildo. They really are embracing all things Slaanesh.

venomlust 02-02-15 08:33 PM

Those are some goofy-looking elf bastards. Can't wait to kill some.

The jetbikes themselves look awesome, but the riders... I dunno, Harlequins aren't my cup of tea.

Zion 02-02-15 08:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3DmofTgkAP...0/IMG_1372.JPG
Looks like either another week of releases coming or we're getting a digital codex release.