Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Harlequins, The Great Dance (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/178250-harlequins-great-dance.html)

Zion 01-26-15 06:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
New one has ears too.

bitsandkits 01-26-15 08:50 AM

Hes slightly different, the main difference however isnt visible which is hes plastic and part of a multipart plastic kit, and without seeing the sprues we have no way of knowing how "different" he can actually be at this point.
from a aesthetic point of view he isnt much different but really shouldnt be, he looks like the previous troope master, because he is a troope master,if he looked like a penguin people would be up in arms,jes goodwin designed the two previous incarnations so no need to fuck with perfection.

Im quite moist about this release, im a massive eldar fan and seeing these chaps front and center again is a dream came true, there was a time many moons ago that these diamond covered chaps were all but a foot note,which was hard to swallow as i came to the game at a time when 12 of these guys could wipe out pretty much anything in opposition if they brought a land raider for fire support(which was perfectly acceptable in the 80s), seriously these guys used to eat pure strain genesteelers for breakfast back when people used the term purestrain and when using it meant something.

nostalgia aside, i think the fact GW are paying this much attention to Harlies hints at a change in the direction of GW,the current models in finecast are absolutely excellent, they really dont need a plastic revamp,but if the rumour of a codex and other plastic kits are true (including vehicles) then i have to say we really could be in for a lip smacking year of releases, maybe we will see sisters and admech this year?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Jace of Ultramar 01-26-15 11:37 AM

@Zion
I was only asking if it was new, as to me it looks like it could have been a pic from a much older mini. If that is an actual new model it looks, to me, that GW have sculpted it to resemble an older mini they may have produced in the 80's or 90's.

Zion 01-26-15 03:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)

iamtheeviltwin 01-26-15 05:37 PM

Just saw the video...30th is the official date.
http://www.iamtheeviltwin.com/public/snoop.gif

Zion 01-27-15 07:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Khorne's Fist 01-27-15 07:53 PM

The minis are nice sculpts, but the poses seem forced and awkward, like they were trying too hard to get the impression of movement. I really like the solitaire, but I think I prefer the older version with the blank, faceless mask. The Oni mask just doesn't seem right. His stats and rules though... Wow.

Zion 01-27-15 08:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2015594)
The minis are nice sculpts, but the poses seem forced and awkward, like they were trying too hard to get the impression of movement. I really like the solitaire, but I think I prefer the older version with the blank, faceless mask. The Oni mask just doesn't seem right. His stats and rules though... Wow.

I think the models will look better in person. That said, the Solitaire is one of those things that's growing on me more I look at it.

Loli 01-27-15 08:18 PM

Long story short, lots of my money will be spent.

Lord of the Night 01-27-15 09:20 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 2015594)
His stats and rules though... Wow.

I know right. That thing's a fucking monster, a MEQ/TEQ killer if there ever was one. Screw the Talos Pain Engine, my Dark Eldar army NEEDS one of those badass mothers.

I have never cared for the pricing for Hero models, but i'll freakin' pay for that thing with a smile on my face.

LotN