Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition Rumour (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/176730-warhammer-fantasy-9th-edition-rumour.html)

Lord of the Night 01-06-15 04:58 PM

Warhammer Fantasy 9th Edition Rumour

151 Attachment(s)
This just cropped up on the Bolthole;

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris
Seems summer will be an...interesting time....
Rumors will be rumors obviously

Make of that what you will. I am unsure of how I feel about the lore side of it, though I will give it a chance. As for the models, BS. Total BS. So from now on we can expect revolving door model releases, I like the idea of rules-in-the-box, but not that model kits will be on limited release spans. I really hope GW change their mind about that.

LotN

Bindi Baji 01-06-15 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1996698)
This just cropped up on the Bolthole;

lol @ fantasy space marines,
dragons are also due to get power armour, create their own faction and start a band

Asamodai 01-06-15 05:08 PM

That might just mean limited time in stores before becoming direct only.

I'm excited. To see a setting dramatically moved forward is something we haven't seen before and it opens a whole load of possibilities. I was worried The End Times would become just another campaign like Storm of Chaos.

It's hard deciding what to do army-wise though. I was originally going High Elves, then (post events of Khaine) Elves, now I think I should wait to see what the new edition brings.

The new faction sound like Grey Knight's. Maybe have something to do with the giant silver armoured warrior Araloth meets?

dragonkingofthestars 01-06-15 05:38 PM

Now that is interesting. That whole bit about the world being pockets of realty is a good touch.

Not so keen on the idea of them to six factions, who wants to bet the Brets are going to be a casualty.

Tawa 01-06-15 05:39 PM

"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath..... :shok:

Angel of Blood 01-06-15 05:51 PM

Not buying it for a moment. I'd put money down on how confident I am that this won't be happening.

MidnightSun 01-06-15 05:54 PM

317 Attachment(s)
Fantasy's less popular than 40k, sure, but not so unpopular that GW is willing to kill off it's entire fanbase by abolishing the fluff and factions and making a whole new setting.

Vaz 01-06-15 05:54 PM

well that sounds fucking shit.

As to the design brief or meeting to discuss what should happen come 9th edition, I can just imagine it.

"Hey, hey guys... What about this for an idea? We take that world that we've spend developing for the last 30 years... And then rip the heart out of it! Caboom! Kablooey! It's gone. It's a wazzy it's a woozy, it's fairy dust! It doesn't exist. Hmmhmm. humhmm... hmmhmmhmmhmmm *beats chest* humhmmm. *beat beat*..."

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Tawa 01-06-15 06:00 PM

I call highjinx and tomfoolery.

Still sounds like a fart in the bath though. :stinker: Ooh, Nurgle...... :puke:

Vaz 01-06-15 06:09 PM

Just done a bit of research - your "Fenris" character is being a bit of dick in not providing his source, but it's come via Warseer nearly a week ago (helps if you too provide the link?)

The rumours are split into 4 different birdies - according to Darnok, although the one he believes to be the most reputable is only stating it will come in the summer.

However, most people are taking the rumour seriously. Me? I'm just happy I sold all my fantasy years ago.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3